Talk

Advanced search

£15 to spend at Superdrug -what to buy?

(14 Posts)
Lottapianos Wed 15-May-13 13:01:40

I've managed to accumulate £15 worth of points on my Superdrug card and would love suggestions for what to spend it on. I'm in the market for:

New foundation - nothing too mask like or heavy
A couple of neutral matte eye shadows
New mascara (always!)
Good lipgloss/lipstick for very dry lips
Serum for dry/dehydrated skin which is showing the very beginnings of crow's feet

Thanks!

Talisin Wed 15-May-13 13:19:01

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation is worth a punt. Have a look at the MUA range for eyeshadows, very cheap & very good. Revlon lip butters for lipstick. Have a look at Superdrugs new own brand B. range for serum. I like Maybelline The Rocket for mascara at the moment but ymmv - Max Factor's 2000 calorie mascara has a lot of fans around these parts.

Birdies Wed 15-May-13 13:23:33

I like the MUA primer, only £4

JennySense Wed 15-May-13 13:39:30

MUA have had great reviews - they have a dupe "Undressed" very close to urban Decay's palette
missbudgetbeauty.co.uk/mua-undressed-v-the-naked-palette/
They also sell Sleek - I have the blush reviewed below
www.makeupovermind.com/2013/03/sleek-rose-gold-blush-orgasm-dupe.html
I've also picked up lip liners and eyeliners for just £1
yy to Revlon lip butters

Lottapianos Wed 15-May-13 14:13:07

MUA and Sleek may be the way forward then! Anyone tried Sleek foundation?

The MUA version if the Clinique Chubby Stick is great and only about £3. Its stays on pretty well and is good on my dry lips. I love their blusher too.

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 15-May-13 14:23:45

Gosh foundation is the best I've ever used..and i've tried them all! it's really natural on me.It's called Natural Touch and i get shade Nude. It has SPF 8. Recently I've given up on my YSL and Armani foundations even for special events.. this one is more natural on me. It's got almond oil and i'm quite oily but it's not gloopy and i always powder over the top of any foundation

happyreindeer Wed 15-May-13 15:04:41

Revlon lip butter is nice but lasts no time. I like the L`oreal colour riche lipstick.

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 15-May-13 15:30:50

MUA - The eyeshadow pallettes in Undressed, Heaven and Eath, and Undress Me Too are brilliant. Buy a MUA eye shadow primer to use under them, and they stay in place all day and they're really nice colours. The pallettes of 12 colours are £4 each, and the eyeshadow primer is £2.50.

MUA is all 3 for the price of 2 at the moment.

Lottapianos Wed 15-May-13 15:36:02

Unbelievable prices for MUA stuff. I have a couple of their single eye shadows and they are lovely. I already have Urban Decay Primer so I'm sorted for a long-lasting look smile

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 15-May-13 15:36:16

The Revlon lip butter is nce because it feels like a lipgloss, but my hair doesn't stick to it like it does to lipgloss!

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 15-May-13 15:37:34

yeh MUA is good. but Revlon lip butter...i kept seeing it mentioned on here but the bullet broke on my first use! (i wasn't heavy handed) Nice texture but lasted like minutes!

Lottapianos Wed 15-May-13 15:45:18

Have a few Revlon Lip Butters and I'm looking forward to using them up to be honest. Still found them a bit drying and they lasted no time at all. Actually, my favourite lip gloss is from that other cheapo Superdrug brand - 2true. I think they cost about £1.99, last ages and are totally non-drying. Only problem is the colours tend to be quite metallic, it's difficult to find a sheer colour.

MakeupOverMind Wed 15-May-13 16:19:08

@JennySense Glad you found my sleek blush review helpful! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now