Talk

Advanced search

permanent hair colour recommendations please

(13 Posts)
shelley72 Wed 15-May-13 12:55:28

so I recently tried the new loreal re usable mousse (shade 300 as I am naturally very dark) and it was terrible, really didn't cover the grey at all. In the past I used casting gloss, but think I need a permanent colour now. Have also tried loreal sublime mousse which smelt too strong for my pregnant self, and olia which was ok but again didn't seem to last long.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next? Like I say I am quite dark and greys don't always cover, even when I have it done at the salon. I notice that boots /superdrug etc have lots of offers on at the mo, but I went in this morning and just ended up feeling flustered and came out empty handed!

Rockchick1984 Thu 16-May-13 09:49:19

I personally have never had much success with the mousse-type dyes. I am blonde but the best brands for me are Feria or Garnier Nutrisse - the latter was my favourite while pregnant as it doesn't smell like hair dye which made a huge difference to me smile

shelley72 Thu 16-May-13 17:21:01

thank you. will look out for the nutrisse one tomorrow - is it quite straightforward to apply?

Rockchick1984 Thu 16-May-13 19:08:45

Yep, just smother it on and leave it for 30 mins smile

OrchidFlakes Thu 16-May-13 19:34:11

I like superdrug's own brand, cheap as chips too

kay1975 Thu 16-May-13 20:23:49

I second Superdrug (2 for £5 at mo)! My hair is currently a lovely cooper gold colour!!

finlaysmum12 Thu 16-May-13 20:27:57

i second garnier nutrisse, it covers my greys well and smells good,the conditioner lasts for at 4 more times.it makes my hair REALLY shiny too.

mervynmouse Thu 16-May-13 21:25:44

Agreed re that l'oreal reusable stuff- it's crap. Will be complaining!

JennySense Thu 16-May-13 22:20:30

I use John Frieda mousse which has been fine smile

Areyoumadorisitme Thu 16-May-13 23:10:55

I usually use garnier nutrisse but this evening I have just used the nice n easy mousse. It has coloured my greys nicely and so far so good.

I had no problem with the garnier nutrisse but thought I'd try the nice n easy mousse. Tbh I'm not sure it was any less messy but think I probably have got more even coverage with the mousse.

Areyoumadorisitme Thu 16-May-13 23:15:47

By the way I also have dark hair, usually use the dark brown 4 shade and have 70-80% grey now hmm. The garnier nutrisse smells nicer than the nice n easy mousse but both seen to have properly covered my greys.

sergeantmajor Fri 17-May-13 18:25:18

I love Colour & Care permanent but natural-ish hair dye.
This page, but scroll down:
http://www.beautynaturals.com/category.aspx?id=hr-cl-pm
Saved the condition of my hair!

cocolepew Fri 17-May-13 18:41:20

I loved the reusable mousse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now