Talk

Advanced search

special holiday post miscarriage: wardrobe help desperately needed

(8 Posts)
katatonic Wed 15-May-13 10:43:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sonotkylie Wed 15-May-13 12:18:04

Have a look on Mint Velvet website which has a blog section with packing tips and a holiday section, including a capsule type wardrobe idea. there was an e mail knocking around too but I can't find a link to it. Have a browse in there for some inspiration and you can put it in the shopping bag at the same time. They had some really pretty but not frou frou dresses that had me very tempted. I think you'll need at least 2 of them and a beautiful cover up/ jacket ( think they had some good jackets too). I'm much the same size as you and MV are a revelation as they fit over more curvy shapes.
Red online (magazine) is quite fun too with their what to wear section, which links through to the websites.
That way you can treat the shopping as part of the pampering!
Sorry not more help, I have never been to Turkey so no idea of what you'll need and I'm rubbish at capsule anything ... Oh, and I can't link at the moment. But have a wonderful healing time

foxysocks Wed 15-May-13 14:15:01

i'm so sorry you've had such a horrible time

i would look on asos. they stock everything, do next day delivery free if you spend over £100 and have a free returns policy so it's v easy to send stuff back.

have a browse, place a big order then try it all on at your leisure, sending back anything that's not quite right.

as a start I think the maxi skirt, vest and fitted denim jacket look is lovely, esp with tan or metallic sandals.

shorts and a few basic tees. maybe a skinny belt too?

then a floaty dress to wear with the same sandals and a little cardigan for evening.

sunshinesue Wed 15-May-13 14:22:44

Don't spend too much, I bought a load of new clothes about a month after my mc at a similar stage only for them not to fit not long after. It took a while for the pregnancy bloat to disappear, much longer than I expected. Sorry for your loss and enjoy your holiday

Murraylover Wed 15-May-13 18:34:18

I'd MC in New Year - preg timing as KateMid. Have channelled into losing weight & getting results. When you're ready try googling 5x50 challenge. Meantime Johnnie's SIZE with -20%
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH512/Womens-Ruffle-Wrap-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

domesticslattern Wed 15-May-13 21:27:55

Sorry for your loss.
I empathise with the inability to make decisions in times of sadness. If I were you I would just limit myself to one shop and buy everything there. Boden is probably the easiest of those that you list. It makes it easier to put outfits together when choice is limited. Think of what you wore on your last hot holiday - capri pants? Maxi skirt?- then add tops in different colours but same style.
I took a similar approach with needing a new work wardrobe but finding it hard to make decisions- just did it all in one shop.
Hope that helps vaguely and that the holiday helps at such a sad time.

JackieTheFart Wed 15-May-13 22:15:00

So sorry for your loss OP.

I have just had a gander at the Mint Velvet website and I'd order from them. I really like the look of their clothing and styles are quite forgiving at the moment.

Take care of yourself.

katatonic Thu 16-May-13 19:33:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now