Talk

Advanced search

Do these shoes go with this dress?? Any accessories suggestions would be great too!

(11 Posts)
SparklyStone Wed 15-May-13 10:35:13

I am going to a wedding in August and this is what my outfit might look like. Do these shoes go with this dress? I'm not used to dressing like a lady ;) so I need your help! Is the shoe colour too dark? Is the style ok with the dress? Or do you have any better shoe suggestions? I'm stuck with the dress now but the shoes I can change.......

Picture on my profile, I've tried to load more than one picture, but for some reason it keeps changing the pictures to the same one!?!

Rockinhippy Wed 15-May-13 10:52:10

I've had that same problems with uploading photos this week too, so you have my sympathies, its annoying.

The shoes do look nice with the dress, but not that dressy IYSWIM, but that could depend on what the wedding would be like, if its low key, then yes go for it, but if not you need to dress up a bit more.

If it were me, I would go for bright contrasting accessories, so choose a colour you like & either have, or can find accessories in - bright red, bright deep orange, coral, shocking pink, bright purple IMO would work best, but you could also try bright yellow, bright turquoise or electric blue. If you are brave, you could also go for metallics which are in too.

I would find shoes, handbag, a large corsage or with metallics a brooch & depending on your style, maybe some sort of hair accessory in your chosen colour, or even if appropriate a summer hat, though that could be white with pin on corsage to match accessories

You will also need some sort of cover up for if the weather is cooler, or for the evening, so a smart jacket, cardigan or pashmina - you could go for the brights again, or you could go for white of the darker stripe colour - or again if you are brave you could choose a print that compliments the dress - graphic florals in the same colours as the dress for example - accessorise this with the corsage, & pin it on the dress when not wearing the cover up

HTH

Rockinhippy Wed 15-May-13 11:03:06

this is what I mean by graphic print

I meant to say mono print, but my brain not on the same page as my hands confused

If you went for a cover up in this sort if print, you could go for white or b/w printed shoes & bag, though preferably with a bright coloured trim - Irregular Choice have some lovely ones that are very comfortable to wear all day

SparklyStone Wed 15-May-13 14:27:19

Thanks Rockinhippy!

SparklyStone Wed 15-May-13 21:05:42

Bump

dufflefluffle Wed 15-May-13 21:08:43

I think they look perfect together

ceres Wed 15-May-13 21:23:40

i'd go for coloured shoes, probably red. black is fine but a bit boring.

i am also not keen on the style of shoe with that dress - i think the ankle strap echoes the horizontal stripes too much.

SparklyStone Wed 15-May-13 21:48:28

I'm not sure what to do! But thanks for your opinions smile

50ShadesOfGreggs Wed 15-May-13 21:56:05

Nice dress by the way!

I agree with previous posters, red accessories would look stunning.

JackieTheFart Wed 15-May-13 21:57:31

I'd go for coloured shoes as well. New Look are good. I don't especially like the shoes you are wearing in the pic, I think ankle straps kind of cut you off at the ankle and with a knee-length skirt/dress can make your legs look a bit short.

I'd go for a little bolero jacket as well - show off the waistline.

SparklyStone Wed 15-May-13 22:59:49

Oh I like the jacket idea! I'll look up some coloured shoes, and non strappy ones - Im 5'3 and i hate my legs so any shoe that will make them look less chunky would be great smile Also the Northern Irish bluey white hue doesnt help!

50 I'm glad you like the dress, I'm really a fish out of water in this type of clothes and I'll be surrounded by childless fashionable Londoners (eeek!) so I'll be really out of place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now