Talk

Advanced search

I'm 37. Will I look a dickhead in coloured jeans?

(22 Posts)
YoniSingWhenYoureWinning Wed 15-May-13 01:44:56

I fear yes. Should I be going for something more SAFE so I don't look like a loony? I'm size 12, ok figure.

Slavetominidictator Wed 15-May-13 02:27:20

I'm 36 and I have a pair.... I may well look a dickhead but I've just lost the last of my preg weight and was so deliriously happy i bought pink jeans. Do it!! to make me feel better

wintersdawn Wed 15-May-13 02:43:43

depends on what you wear them with and how you feel in them. I've two friends (around 37) who wear them and always look great. whenever I try them on (33) I look like a right idiot! but that maybe that they are 10/12 and I'm 16.

ThreeDudesOnABus Wed 15-May-13 05:14:13

Do you play golf?
Are you a millionaire?

If you can answer yes to either of these questions then go ahead and look like you belong in a packet of refreshers.

scarlet76 Wed 15-May-13 06:05:32

I am the same age as you. Last year I had an aqua pair that I wore to death. This year I have ordered a pale pink pair from Boden to try. I wear them with a simple white T or a breton top to keep them toned down.

Theironfistofarkus Wed 15-May-13 06:27:14

I am 40 and have a pear drop pair from Boden and a coral gap pair. I love them! A lot of the Mums at DC's school have them and most are about my age. If you like them, buy them!

novelsituation Wed 15-May-13 06:34:08

Why ever not?

Pick a colour that suits you, and wear with a plain top or Breton as suggested above.

No - 37 is nothing!

AuntieStella Wed 15-May-13 07:05:20

I'm much older than that, and wear them because I feel good in them.

And no-one who's opinion is worth having would ever make a rude comment directly in real life, so I keep on enjoying them.

landofsoapandglory Wed 15-May-13 07:07:53

I'm 42 and I wear them so I don't think you will. I haven't got any pastel colours, mainly because of the shit weather we have been having. I have got Navy, Khaki, Raspberry and Teal. I bought my first couple of pairs from Primark incase I didn't feel comfortable in them. My favourite are the New Look Supersoft Skinnies.

Ujjayi Wed 15-May-13 07:46:55

Another 42 year old wearer of coloured skinnies here grin. I have candy pink, coral, red, pale turquoise, yellow, orange and magenta. I wear them because it is the only way to bring some spring/summer vibe to my wardrobe whilst staying warm!

I wear with Converse, ballet flats, tan ankle boots, flip flops and sandals. They look good full length or rolled at the ankle.

Sonotkylie Wed 15-May-13 09:05:06

Only if you normally look like a dickhead.
I am 46 and size 12 too. I wear red, purple and pink and cobalt blue trousers. Love them all and means I can wear boring tops ...! I really don't do patterns because I'm quite curvy so the patterns get bendy and look weird, so coloured jeans give me a lift.

SundaySimmons Wed 15-May-13 09:15:26

It's more to do with your figure than the colour. Overweight wearing pastel coloured jeans is a big no no. But if you have a nice figure then coloured jeans can look great on all ages. If Liz Hurley can look good and she doesn't have the longest legs in the world, then so can the rest of us!

JackieTheFart Wed 15-May-13 09:34:11

I think any age is fine, but I would go for a darker colour than the lighter ones.

Yeah SundaySimmons, let's compare us to a supermodel who just happens to not have the 'longest legs in the world'!

ArcticRoll Wed 15-May-13 09:41:52

Age is irrelevant -if you are slim wear them , they are quite unforgiving so would be careful if you have chunky legs.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Wed 15-May-13 09:44:01

No you won't. Dress how you like. You'll look mint wink

TravelinColour Wed 15-May-13 10:34:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madammecholet Wed 15-May-13 14:15:51

Well i'm a curvy tall 39yr old and am currently sporting a tomato red pair, I also have a bright pink pair, bright yellow pair, bright blue pair... My mum is 66yrs and looks fabulous in hers too..

Age is irrelevant and you don't have to be slim hmm... again, its how you wear them... enjoy.

madammecholet Wed 15-May-13 14:18:13

btw, my bright pink pair of skinny crops look best with a white vest, tan belt and long aubergine/purple cardigan, aubergine block heels and a mental pink & cream oversize scarf.

Play with the tones in the bright jean to match the rest of the outfit, or go totally mono, ie red jeans, black everything else...

dontyouwantmebaby Wed 15-May-13 14:50:47

you're 37 you can wear what you like! you certainly don't have to play it 'safe', that goes for any age. who cares what others think as long as you're comfortable and like wearing them.

my friend who is 43 practically lives in coloured jeans and she always looks fab envy

I'd love a pair but have yet to find any that suit me losing a few pounds and growing a few inches may help

paneer Wed 15-May-13 14:52:36

am wearing sky blue ones today, only because the pink ones were in the wash. I am 37 and never even crossed my mind that they didn't suit me.

happyreindeer Wed 15-May-13 15:00:52

I am 50 next month and wear what I like. 37 is a babe. Much more confident than I used to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now