Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a doctors bag type bag with a bottom compartment. Pretty please am going insane.

(11 Posts)
FrownsAndDimples Tue 14-May-13 23:17:58

So I saw this and got all happy and then came crashing down when I realised the zipped bit is just for show. Wtf. Why do that to me?

I have got it in my head that a bottom compartment is what I need as I despise baby changing bags and could just chuck a few nappies and wipes in the bottom bit with the top bit for all my other paraphernalia. I'd love the doctors style opening ideally. I know this combination exists I have seen it before but can't for the life of me remember where.

I have spent the last 3 hours googling for anything similar, tried ebay purseforum. No luck. Willing to spend upto £100.

Do your best ladies.

MrsLettuce Tue 14-May-13 23:29:52

here

FrownsAndDimples Tue 14-May-13 23:37:27

You're a genius! That took you minutes!

Its almost perfect but didn't want to wait until July. Any others that are available to buy now? And possibly with a shorter handle? Am being cheeky now..

MrsLettuce Tue 14-May-13 23:41:38

over budget and no compartment

5318008 Tue 14-May-13 23:46:46

On mob so can't search easily but that style of bag is called a Gladstone bag, hth

MrsLettuce Tue 14-May-13 23:50:23

canvas
<swoon>

FrownsAndDimples Wed 15-May-13 10:14:42

531 everyday is a school day! Wiki'd it. Interesting history to the bags.

MrsL Thanks again. Think I may have to wait until July for your first offering.

jumpinghoops Wed 15-May-13 10:50:18

Can't link as I'm on phone but there's one on asos for £75 called 'ASOS Leather Doctors Bag'.

OddBoots Wed 15-May-13 10:53:52

M&S have a suede one here

FrownsAndDimples Wed 15-May-13 11:11:18

OddBoots That one is perfect as a weekend bag I wanted for traipsing around to the grandparents. Thank you.

Jumping The asos one is actually the one my heart is hankering after. But the zipped bottom is fake. Fake I tell you.

jumpinghoops Wed 15-May-13 12:25:05

Oh bugger, sorry but sleep deprived and brain lost sight of yr original link as soon as I started looking. Think this is a great idea actually and was just thinking yes,yes I might get one of those, good idea! Id want one in a non black colour though. Bloody stupid to have a fake zip!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now