Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

No7 mascara

(20 Posts)
Stevie77 Tue 14-May-13 15:38:16

Bought one at the end of Feb and it's dried up already, very annoying.

Before I go back to Boots to complain, it'd be useful to know if it's a known No7 problem/just my mascara/whatever other reason.

I'm usually a Mabelline Great Lash girl and gave this a go hoping it would be better. Any other recommendations out there? I don't buy L'Oreal out of principle and have not like Rimmel in the past. I like cheap and cheerful mascaras!

BunnyLebowski Tue 14-May-13 15:39:24

Max Factor 2000 Calorie is the best mascara on the market.

Better than all the Dior, Lancome and other mega-££ ones.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 14-May-13 15:40:26

Why do you not buy L'oreal?

Stevie77 Tue 14-May-13 16:00:57

Because I don't like the company

NomDeOrdinateur Tue 14-May-13 16:10:36

I only use No7 mascara (previously the navy blue waterproof one, now Lash Adapt which is fantastic) and I have never had this problem. If you can swap it for Lash Adapt you will probably be very pleased with the results - it's long-lasting, easy to remove but doesn't smudge or run in the rain, doesn't clump and IME doesn't dry out quickly. I'm still using a tube from my wedding last July (even though I know I should have binned it months ago)!

happyreindeer Tue 14-May-13 16:13:12

Max factor 200 calories smudges very easily and is flaky IMO

happyreindeer Tue 14-May-13 16:14:17

hollyisalovelyname Tue 14-May-13 19:23:29

Why Stevie? Is it like Nestle?

Stevie77 Wed 15-May-13 10:21:24

I don't know. I just don't.

kerstina Wed 15-May-13 10:50:27

Elle magazine has a free benefit mascara ok its small but this is how I tend to buy my mascaras lately. I had a free clinique one once which was really good.I think it was high definition but pricey I know. I bought no 7 extreme lashes and it was rubbish, horrible plastic applicator and yes it did dry up quite quickly.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Wed 15-May-13 11:31:06

nestles own L'Oreal.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Wed 15-May-13 11:31:30

nestles own L'Oreal.

ExitPursuedByABear Wed 15-May-13 11:32:42

Boots claim to not test on animals. L'oreal are vile.

BrendaB85 Wed 15-May-13 11:59:54

I use No7 and swear by it!

sweetheart Wed 15-May-13 12:24:09

I use No 7 mascara all the time and have never had this problem before.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 15-May-13 12:42:50

I used Boots no 7 for years but I hate the plastic brushes they use now. I like Maybelline but I keep an old bristle brush that I love, and dip that in and out to actually apply the stuff.
Much better than the spikey plastic applicators - I have ginger eyelashes so need to get mascara right to the bottom of my eyelashes. THe plastic applicators often scratch the inside ledge of my eyelids.

I do think the mascaras that are sold to be 'thicker' dry up quicker as, well, more gets loaded on the brush each time and applied to your eyelashes.

valiumredhead Wed 15-May-13 16:03:19

Lash Adapt s amazing so is the navy waterproof one. I have stopped using MF Masterpiece for Lash Adapt.

After 3 months' use I would expect any mascara to start drying up tbh.

valiumredhead Wed 15-May-13 16:04:07

Fib me too, that's why Lash Adapt is great as it has the old style brush.

Stevie77 Wed 15-May-13 18:40:13

Thanks everyone, I'm going to pop into the Boots I bought it from and see what they say. Will look at the Lash Adapt one - thanks!

Laquila Wed 15-May-13 18:58:33

Another vote for Lash Adapt - I've also had mine for ages and it's still going strong, other than that I'd recommend Estée Lauder Doublewear for weddings/swimming/occasions involving moisture. Ahem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: