Talk

Advanced search

Is everyone still in winter clothes?

(40 Posts)
bella65 Tue 14-May-13 15:11:58

'cos I am.

Apart from last week's heat wave, I have yet to discard my thermal HeatTec tops, my woolly socks, boots and scarves. How some people wear no socks and ballet flats etc is beyond me.

OneLittleLady Tue 14-May-13 15:13:26

I was in relatively summery clothes last week but have gone back to a wool coat, opaques and boots this week. Wish the weather would make its mind up!

JennySense Tue 14-May-13 15:15:46

Yes sad

CoffeePleaseSir Tue 14-May-13 15:19:31

Yes hmm stupid weather.

bunnymother Tue 14-May-13 15:39:17

Me, too. Its actually now depressing. Mid May and its both cold and wet. Pffft. I am wishlisting summer clothes, but will I actually get to wear them??

Mumelie Tue 14-May-13 16:04:12

Another rubbish summer!
Actually bought some summer clothes already too - must be my fault!

YoniYoniNameLeft Tue 14-May-13 16:06:59

Yep, had my scarf on this morning. It's so depressing and it's really pissing me off!

happyreindeer Tue 14-May-13 16:16:57

Yes I have abandoned my boots and replaced with wellies. bit it really is beyond a joke.I can`t stop worrying about all the wee animals and insects trying to find food (sob)

Eliza22 Tue 14-May-13 16:16:59

Pretty much. Just swapped boots for shoes confused

MolotovCocktail Tue 14-May-13 16:20:16

I'm peeved that I still need to pull out my Parka that I've been practically living in since last September ...

Yes, I wore it again today angry Its the only one I have with a hood.

I want to wear my leathe jacket and flouncy summe trousers and skirts, dammit!

MolotovCocktail Tue 14-May-13 16:21:22

Oops, issues with my 'r' button there, clearly!

ChewingOnLifesGristle Tue 14-May-13 16:21:45

Me too and the fire still goes on in the evenings.

Apart from briefly the weekend before last when it was actually nice. It caught me unawares and I had to quickly root out some lightweight cutoff trousers.

We went out for the afternoon, bumped into loads of people, stopped in a pub for a drink. Only later at home did I realise I'd spent the entire time with my trousers on inside outblushhmm One nice day and I fall to pieces.

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 14-May-13 16:23:06

bella65

How some people wear no socks and ballet flats etc is beyond me.

I wore socks with my ballet flats to the school run today. It was too bloody cold without but I did look like a nob. blush

Dolallytats Tue 14-May-13 16:29:56

No!! I hate being hot and have been walking around in trousers and t-shirts for months. Even when it was snowing, I only had a t-shirt on under my coat (and never do the coat up!!). I sometimes take a cardigan out, but very rarely wear it.

Saying that, I do wish I felt the cold like a 'normal' person, there's only so many layers you can take off.....watch out East London, I may be naked when the Summer comes!! grin

Eliza22 Tue 14-May-13 16:31:54

Haha! Chewing. Like it! grin

Lambzig Tue 14-May-13 16:37:49

Yes still in winter clothes. Socks and a scarf today.

I need to do the wardrobe swap and get my summer things from the loft wardrobe and wear them anyway.

bunnymother Tue 14-May-13 17:15:43

Hang on, there isn't a reason to think that we won't be having a nice summer at some point, though, is there?

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 14-May-13 17:18:46

I'm trying to be spring like. I wore a white spring coat and leopard print heels minus socks wink but had to change at lunchtime into ankle boots. And I was tempted to put my arctic parka on.

Bunny - only, you know the experience of the past 3 summers which were rather like this in may, june, july, august sad

lljkk Tue 14-May-13 17:27:12

Heating on now. Eyeing up furry winter boots I put away weeks ago.

PestoSwimissimos Tue 14-May-13 17:38:44

Heating on here too.

And I dug out my thermal vests again today shock

T'is blimmin' frizzing sad

Sonotkylie Tue 14-May-13 17:40:51

I nearly posted this self same question earlier.
I now leave my woolly hat at home and have downgraded to lightweight scarves (the Ebay huge type rather than either a) wool or b) summer), and have moved to leather high tops and thermal socks or 'Spring boots' Boden's tan suede ankle boot things (triumph of marketing but they are jolly useful from May to September ...). But, yup, the rest is the same.
I don't really do summer as I am a chilly soul and we live in a breezy area but I am looking longingly at my summer clothes (think long jersey skirt, t shirt and denim shirt level) and wondering why its too much to ask ...
But at least I know I'm just like everyone else, even if cold and fed up. Thank you

MarshaBrady Tue 14-May-13 17:42:06

My winter ankle boots were kaput so I threw them out. Braved it in ballet flats, pea coat and cashmere. I was cold.

Thankfully did remember the umbrella.

MarshaBrady Tue 14-May-13 17:44:11

But still, I refuse to wear a coat again. Zipped up and am not getting it out.

nenevomito Tue 14-May-13 17:50:47

Yup, still in winter clothes. Monday I checked my weather app before setting out cycling. It said 0 deg with wind chill. 0. Its fucking MAY.

I am currently wearing linked hiking trousers and a fleece.

I just know that if it does start to warm up, it will do it at the same time as starting to rain endlessly. Humph.

It's stupidly warm at work, so I tend to go for a skirt and nude tights, or cigarette trousers and ballet flats. But our house is cold and I refuse to put the heating on, so change into big warm socks and a hoody as soon as I get home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now