Talk

Advanced search

Longline running tops

(9 Posts)
amyellen Mon 13-May-13 18:20:04

Anyone got any ideas for long line running tops - that wold cover my generous bum?! I like sweaty betty stuff, but they ride up....
thank you!

dexter73 Mon 13-May-13 18:22:59

Tbh I would think most long tops would ride up if you are running. Just wear a normal length top and let your bum be uncovered.

Shodan Mon 13-May-13 18:42:01

YY. I have a long top (I think it's a Nike one) which covers my bottom decently when I'm standing still. Halfway down the road it's bunching up around my waist. A large loose t-shirt might work better, maybe.

You could tie a lightweight top around your bum if you're that worried? But honestly, I don't think anyone notices.

Just make sure you can't see your knickers through your running shorts. I failed to do this and was quite mortified to discover that, should anyone have been looking, they could see my spotty knicks quite clearly blush

VerySmallSqueak Mon 13-May-13 18:47:59

Could try an oversized racer back vest top with sports bra underneath to give a kind of layered look.

Or like Shodan says,tie another top round your waist.

GoingVerySlowlyMad Mon 13-May-13 18:49:22

When I first started I considered a pair of [http://www.wiggle.co.uk/nike-ladies-run-skapri-tights-1/ these] but find once I get into my run I couldn't really care less. In my area running would be the sport of choice and you find all ages and shapes and nobody bats an eyelid.

GoingVerySlowlyMad Mon 13-May-13 18:49:54

sorry link

dexter73 Mon 13-May-13 18:51:28

Don't tie a top around your waist - it just draws attention to your bum and makes it look bigger. I think bums look smallest in black lycra. Don't worry about trying to cover it up.

MarianForrester Mon 13-May-13 19:29:19

I got a really long one from lidl, of all places. Very good. Can wear leggings with impunity.

Nehru Mon 13-May-13 19:36:06

Nike downloads. Stinky sports direct

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now