Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof mascara

(8 Posts)
AndTwoBits Mon 13-May-13 10:28:00

What is the bee's knees of waterproof mascaras? Heading to France soon, lots of heat (hopefully) and swimming so I need a proper waterproof mascara. Also needs to be thickening/lengthening as I have the palest, thinnest, saddest lil lashes possible. I used YSL for my wedding day 8 years ago - is this still good, or is there a better one? Thank you.

valiumredhead Mon 13-May-13 11:08:42

I used to swim with No 7 waterproof.

AndTwoBits Mon 13-May-13 14:50:41

Thank you for that. I'll take a look.

PestoSwimissimos Mon 13-May-13 15:05:38

I use Max Factor Masterpiece waterproof mascara coz I do a lot of swimming - t'is fab smile

bulletproofgerbil Mon 13-May-13 18:49:13

I've been using Blinc which I get online and it's the best I've ever used. I've used everything that claims to be smudge/waterproof but only Blinc doesn't give me panda eyes within a few hours. It's not cheap but it lasts for ages. I used it on holiday too and it was OK in the heat.

SundaySimmons Mon 13-May-13 18:55:21

Don't want to worry you but I went through a phase where I was suffering allergies and my eyes were watering a lot, so I switched to using waterproof mascara. I've used all different brands from expensive to cheap and I found over time that my lashes were becoming sparse.

My eyes are rarely watery now and I've gone back to normal mascara. If I think I'm going to need waterproof mascara I apply it as a final coat to normal mascara so that it seals in the mascara providing waterproof protection but isn't directly in contact with my lashes.

AndTwoBits Mon 13-May-13 19:07:55

Thanks. The mascara is really only for the two weeks of my holiday as I will be in and out of the water a fair bit and it should be quite warm there too. I am happy with my regular mascara the rest of the year. I really want a thick one as my eyelashes are rubbish!

AndTwoBits Mon 13-May-13 19:08:30

Never heard of Blinc before. Will google now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now