Talk

Advanced search

Brow pencil

(5 Posts)
medjool Mon 13-May-13 09:50:45

Rather new to accentuating eyebrows but it does make me look significantly better. I've been playing around with a brown eyeliner - what's the difference between a brow pencil and eyeline? Which brand would you recommend for brows?

rootypig Mon 13-May-13 09:56:52

An eyeliner will have a greasy, waxy texture that will generally be too thick and heavy for brows (unless that's the look you want). An eyebrow pencil will have a flatter, softer colour, and, if you're using brown, generally no red tones is best (that's what makes it all go a bit Paul McCartney). If you're doing a lot of filling, consider using a power with a wee brush. Do you live near a big department store? I would go and get some SAs for brands like Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier to fill them for you. Find a look you like, then you know the colour and texture of the pencil or powder you're looking for.

medjool Mon 13-May-13 13:04:36

Thanks. Makes perfect sense!

justasecond Mon 13-May-13 13:17:03

I have recently bought one Bobbi Brown. It is great v natural looking and just the right texture.

Fuckwittery Mon 13-May-13 13:19:38

can i recommend benefit product
link

its like a brown wax for eyebrows but not heavy like a pencil, with a powder to set, is brilliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now