Talk

Advanced search

Red nose!

(9 Posts)
Missmodular Mon 13-May-13 09:21:45

I have good clear skin but have quite a 'ruddy glow' which means I sometimes have quite a red nose.

I don't really want to wear foundation every day as I find it really dries my skin and I find that tinted moisturiser isn't really effective enough. Wondering if pressed powder is the answer? Love the idea of going to the ladies room to actually 'powder my nose' grin

Opinions gratefully received...

valiumredhead Mon 13-May-13 09:47:14

You need a dusting of Bare Minerals!

feetheart Mon 13-May-13 09:49:07

Watching with interest.

MadBusLady Mon 13-May-13 09:50:16

There are green-tinted BB creams and moisturisers (Boots No 7 do one) which might be worth a try. But I have rosacea too (I assume that's what you've got) and at the moment I find an ordinary BB cream with a pressed powder over the top is fine (Body Shop pressed powder is excellent). It's starting to get worse with age though, so I may be investigating the green tints before long. I also use Clinique's anti-redness cleanser and moisturiser.

valiumredhead Mon 13-May-13 09:55:07

I have rosacea - or rather couperose which is redness but without the spots. Green tints etc are hopeless for me but BM changed my life, seriously!

Missmodular Mon 13-May-13 11:11:51

Thank you ladies, I knew I'd get helpful advice here! I don't think I have roseacea - how do you know if you have it? will have a look into Bare Minerals on my lunch break smile

valiumredhead Mon 13-May-13 11:15:35

Debenhams are great for letting you have samples and colour matching - just ask for the samples. Lily Lolo is nice too but not enough staying power for me.

MadBusLady Mon 13-May-13 12:10:24

Valium which BM things do you use? I got the starter kit at Duty Free once but I couldn't get on with it. The concealer just drew attention to stuff and the powder really caked on me. Foundation was too dark for me so I couldn't really try that out properly.

I still use the brushes that came with the kit though, they were excellent.

valiumredhead Mon 13-May-13 14:59:56

You really need to get the proper colour for you and there are loads now - there only used to be a few colours - light, medium and dark.

You also need to be shown how to apply it correctly, imo you need to see this being done that's why talking to an 'orange lady' is a good idea.

I hated the brushes funnily enough - scratchy horrible things, I only kept the concealor brush which works really well.

Imo the matte version is far superior to the original which just highlighted everything and made me too 'luminous.'

Ask for a tester to try at home once you have been colour matched and give it a go for a week or so before you buy. I am a completely different colour under the harsh shop lights than I am at home and in day light.

I just the Bisque concealor and a dusting of the Matte foundation over my whole face - don't bother with MIneral Veil or anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now