Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit: cover up to go with this dress?

(5 Posts)
ThePoliticiansBeard Mon 13-May-13 09:10:55

Hi style gurus.

Having made some spectacular fashion fails in my past i need some advice from you gurus....

I have found this dress for a wedding which I absolutely love, it is tres flattering and covers all sorts of lumps and bumps and a step away from my normal black. I have terrible trauma finding dresses, so was delighted with it....

uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2530746108

I have a fab navy fascinator to go with it and gorgeous navy peep toe shows, but I really need a cover up for the church and I cannot bear the fuss of a stole/wrap.

Do you think this would go ok?

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010892385_-1

The important thing to know is that I am very well endowed in the nork department. Is a short bolero a total no-no?

I am 5'7 ish and as I said, top heavy...

Thanks all in advance!!

MrsLettuce Mon 13-May-13 13:03:09

A short bolero isn't a no no for your figure, no, but I think it is for the cut of the dress.

ThePoliticiansBeard Mon 13-May-13 13:05:56

Thanks MrsLettuce. You are absolutely right. I nipped out at lunch and tried it on and it didn't go at all....

MrsLettuce Mon 13-May-13 13:08:38

Bugger.

TBH I think any jacket / bloero type thing will just spoil the line and fall of the dress. I know you said you couldn't be doing with the faff of a wrap but I fear it's either that or a different dress. Which would be a shame 'cause it's lovely.

ThePoliticiansBeard Mon 13-May-13 13:10:24

I have a lovely long cream wrap, and it falls perfectly with the dress so I think I will just have to suck it up, at least for the initial part of the day!
Good to get a second opinion though, thank you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now