Talk

Advanced search

Another thread asking for help finding shoes, sorry.

(10 Posts)
MrsMangoBiscuit Sun 12-May-13 19:09:04

I've seen a lot of these threads recently, so sorry for posting more of the same, but seeing as there are always lots of helpful suggestions I have to try. smile

I'm hunting for shoes for for work, for while pregnant. I find that my feet swell so I can't have anything with straps, or ballet pump types as they all dig in.

So I need;

Smart - smart casual, need to wear them in an office with a dress, no suits.
Smallish wedge heel
To fit size 8-9 wide fit (wide before they swell up! sad )
No straps, needs to cover most of the top of my foot
Comfortable

I will need to try them on too, so preferably in a shop, or a website that does free/cheap returns! grin

I love Fly, but all I seem to find is big heels, or straps. They'd be great for a couple of hours, but then I'd in agony. Damn my chubby stumps!

MrsWolowitz Sun 12-May-13 19:14:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsMangoBiscuit Sun 12-May-13 19:18:41

I like those, I've even tried them on before, but I'm not allowed them for work as my manager thinks they're too much like trainers. sad

Awks Sun 12-May-13 21:08:37

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352703 Sorry about the Clarks grin

emsyj Sun 12-May-13 21:14:18

I've just bought these for work and they're really comfy and they look much nicer and more expensive in real life than in the photo.

TheToadLessTravelled Sun 12-May-13 21:15:04

Gabor do nice patent flat shoe with a bow. Saw my wide size 8s through pregnancy very comfortably. Pricey but after 3 years of fairly constant wear they still look like new and haven't even needed resoling.

emsyj Sun 12-May-13 21:17:19

Oh sorry I see you say ballet pumps don't work for you at the moment sad.

MrsMangoBiscuit Mon 13-May-13 07:44:22

Thank you all for the suggestions. Sadly I can't wear anything that doesn't cover my foot as I'll just swell up over the top and the shoe digs in. (and I end up looking like I've got the michelin man's feet!)

Last pregnancy I was in a different office, and the dress code was a lot more relaxed, so I could wear flip flops. I've been wearing my super comfortable foot glove boots so far, but it's getting a bit too warm for them now.

Going to have a look at what Gabor have at the moment. smile

dumbelina Mon 13-May-13 07:57:40

How about these www.marksandspencer.com/Footglove-Original-Leather-Wedge-Moccasins/dp/B002Y7HZU0?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_31&nodeId=591009031&sr=1-31&qid=1368428048 ?

MrsMangoBiscuit Mon 13-May-13 08:10:58

Ooh, those might work. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now