Talk

Advanced search

Bra Fitting

(6 Posts)
mrsblakey Sun 12-May-13 18:59:25

I have had previous fittings from M & S which seem to have been ok.
Having recently lost weight I need a re measure but wondered if other stores offered a better service ?

Do NOT go to M&S - they systematically misfit women I am afraid. They basically us an old fashioned method where they add 4 or 5" to your back measurement resulting in a bra which is far too big in the back, too small in the cup and doesn't support properly. Sadly a huge number of shops do the same sad

Best bet on the high street is Bravissimo or John Lewis

Have a look here for fitting advice if you want to get an idea of what your correct size is before going.

Lyftiduft Sun 12-May-13 19:18:14

avoid Debenhams too from what I heard yesterday when I was trying on - 'well it doesn't really matter how tight the band is, as long as you're comfortable...' hmm

(I declined a fitting strangely- and couldn't find any bloody bras as they didn't have any with a 30 back in a cup size larger than E. Idiots).

Wow Lyftiduft, talk about a recipe for giving women back problems there!

noisytoys Sun 12-May-13 20:00:53

I had a good fit in debenhams a few weeks ago. Went from a 34c to a 32DD and noticed a huge difference in the fit and my shape look and feel far better now smile

From the many bra threads, Debenhams seems to be hit and miss - I think they have possibly been retraining or their approach is more store specific with some using the old methods and some the new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now