Talk

Advanced search

Size 16/18, 5ft2 and a wedding!

(8 Posts)
RoaryMouth Sun 12-May-13 18:17:46

Help! I have two weddings to attend in the next couple of months and I don't want the pretty dress with cardi/bolero outfit. I have huge arms and legs (even when down to a size 12) and a neater waist so need something that covers the arms and knees. Big ask if it has to be fashionable as well! Still have a lot of baby weight and flabby belly.
Cheers.

Chewbecca Sun 12-May-13 18:26:46

I've raved about my Pied a Terre slinky knot dress several times before but will do so again here! Mine is plain midnight but here it is half price and in a pattern.
I am 5ft 0 and size 16 and this is the most flattering dress i've ever owned, comes to just below the largest part of my calf, wore with v v high heels.

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 18:36:01

Yes, that dress is well known for it's utter fabulousness and ability to flatter. If you like it even a tiny bit and can afford it it you must try it on.

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 18:38:21

Oh, not seen the patterned versions before, like the floral but not the blue. The plain ones are much nicer IMHO and probably worth twice the price 'cause they;d take an age it date.

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 18:51:03

(Actually the blue is really growing on me)

Might might you like this sort of style with a cropped cardigan? Very flattering but not so pricey.

SingingSilver Sun 12-May-13 19:11:31

http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight//Josie-Twist-Front-Jersey-Dress/202029173

It's sold out now, but might be a good style for you, long sleeved with a twist front to hide the tummy a bit. I have some similar ones bookmarked, can list after I've had my dinner if you like.

AngryFeet Sun 12-May-13 19:20:34

I am a very similar shape to you. Try dresses like these www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women%27s+designer+dresses/301,default,sc.html?prefn1=Style&prefv1=Fit%20%26%20Flare%20Dress

RoaryMouth Sun 12-May-13 20:59:37

Thanks guys. The Pied a Terre is lovely, I'm liking the blue with sleeves. Also the Mary Portis dresses look fab. Now have a full online basket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now