Talk

Advanced search

Awful legs

(5 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sun 12-May-13 11:53:36

I'm still about a stone over my pre pregnancy weight since having DS 2 years ago. I'm finally starting to accept that I'm going to have to make the most of myself with this figure because I'm too lazy to diet any more but the one thing I can't accept is my legs.

They seem really lumpy, I don't have a lot of muscle tone but this seems ridiculous. Could be water retention or something, it doesn't seem like fat would settle the way it has confused I'm only a size 12 so not huge but used to be an 8/10.

Is there anything I can do to smooth my legs, other than hiding them away all summer while I attempt to do more exercise?

Ujjayi Sun 12-May-13 12:18:13

I have "heavy legs" despite being a size 8-10 (ie out of proportion to the rest of me - I'm not suggesting I have the world's biggest legs or anything!!). Last year I embarked on a great regime which really shifted the stubborn, flabby lumpiness that sits on my legs - even on the calf. I agree that water retention is definitely an issue with me because it is worse if I have a relatively inactive week. So here's what I did:

Daily:
Body brushing
working moisturiser into my legs with firm massage (don't bother buying any specific "anti-cellulite/slimming" potions)

Every other day:
Liberal application of St Tropez Gradual Tanner - legs always look smoother and slimmer with a tan

Once a week:
O Mega Body Buff body scrub by Mama Mio (or suitable alternative)

In addition, I did the Tracey Anderson Mat Work Out. It is a killer but does get easier with time. It is the most effective leg workout I have ever done, not to mention the mega toned arms I developed. Results began to show by the end of the first week (daily workout). The entire thing takes an hour but I would just do the legs and arms which took around 30 mins.

I also did calf raises every time I thought about it (several times a day): stand on the bottom stair with your heels hanging over the edge of the step. Rise up onto your tip toes and then lower. Do it at a nice slow controlled pace.

Don't sit with your legs crossed and ensure that when sat at a desk/watching tv etc you take regular breaks all of which will boost circulation and help with the puffy, flabby effect on the thighs.

Rockchick1984 Sun 12-May-13 12:56:28

Thankyou, that's a brilliant help. Will give it a go! smile

LetMeAtTheWine Sun 12-May-13 13:01:51

Drink plenty of water too, if it is a bit of water retention more water will help reduce it.

ToastedTeacakes Sun 12-May-13 14:11:40

I really hope we get a summer!
Have a feeling we won't need to worry about showing our legs off in the UK at least.
Today I wore low denier black tights again.
So fed up sad
And cold too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now