Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye!

(9 Posts)
NeedsTherapy Sun 12-May-13 10:19:33

I dyed my hair with Lorel preference stuff, a deep red and I LOVE the colour. But. When I dyed it everything wa fine until I had to rinse the dye out. I was rinsing for 45 minutes and the water still wasn't clear confused after an hour the water was only slightly tinged orange so I continued with the conditioner and then after the allotted time rinsed that out too. Suddenly the water was bright orange again and I took a good 30 minutes before the water was only slightly orange again.

Today I get in the shower and before even washing my hair so the water was just touching it the water was bright orange. And still even now after spending 45 minutes in the shower the water wasn't completely clear. Is this normal? I the colour going to be gone by the end of the week?

How to I save it?

NeedsTherapy Sun 12-May-13 18:56:59

I've ruined a t-shirt angry my hair got a little damp in the rain and the dye has come off. Is this normal? Should I complain?

nipersvest Sun 12-May-13 19:07:52

no, not normal. i dyed my dark blonde hair a deep reddy brown once, and while it did tinge the water the first time i washed it, it certainly didn't stain any clothes. it sounds like the colour hasn't taken so you may need to wash and wash your hair to get it out and re-try with another brand. and yes, i'd complain.

WetDog Sun 12-May-13 19:22:26

Totally normal. Red bleeds, mine does every single time I wash it. My shower mat is pink LOL smile

NeedsTherapy Sun 12-May-13 21:09:50

Thanks, I definitely think ill be complaining. I've gone red before several times, but not this brand or shade. I've had bleeding before when I've washed my hair but not just when water touches it sad

TattyDevine Sun 12-May-13 21:13:33

Actually, it IS normal for a warm vibrant red. The red and orange molecules are smaller and harder to keep in the hair shaft. When I had red (.6) and copper (.4) colours in my hair I used to sweat redness onto my pure white Egyptian cotton pillowcases!!!

Its mainly .6 that does this though.

Stop washing it so much; as long as you have rinsed out the residue, condition and give it a couple of days if you can.

Check out Scott Cornwalls products for reviving red and keeping it in.

WetDog Sun 12-May-13 21:31:47

Complain if you feel you should, but seriously, it's normal and I don't think you will get anywhere with them. They'll tell you what Tatty and I have told you.

thinks about complaining to La Riche for dyeing my bath pink

NeedsTherapy Sun 12-May-13 23:13:04

Sorry wetdog, somehow I completely missed your post before confused Its good to know its normal, The shade is a 3.66.

I'll take a look at scott cornwalls, thanks and I wish I could stop washing my hair. Its just so greasy even by the end of the day. it always has been and my dc's hair is the same, although while their young I'm trying to train it and only wash 2-3 times a week.

WetDog Sun 12-May-13 23:37:13

If you have to wash your hair so much, could you try dry shampoo? That might help keep the colour.

Red fades and washes out faster than any other dye, so the less you can wash it the better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now