Talk

Advanced search

Barry M nail polishes recalled...anyone know why??

(14 Posts)
ceebeegeebies Sat 11-May-13 21:37:58

My friend has just told me that Boots got notification to do a mass recall on Barry M nail polishes butno idea why. Anyone any ideas? I have lots of them and don't want to use them now!!!

Theselittlelightsofmine Sat 11-May-13 21:46:42

I can't find anything about it on the tinternet?

ChunkyMonkeyMother Sat 11-May-13 21:48:09

Ohhhh nos, I have at least 10 and use them weekly! secretly hoping its toxic waste so she'll become a super hero

MsWinnieBaygo Sat 11-May-13 21:48:12

Was in Boots earlier and the Barry M stock was still all there with no recall notices about.

WilmaFingerdoo Sat 11-May-13 21:51:23

No idea although I got two of the nail paints the other week and they ruined my nails.

Nagoo Sat 11-May-13 21:53:44

in what way wilma?

Royalmailer Sat 11-May-13 21:54:12

Dunno, but I bought one last weekend and it's utterly rubbish. Applied terribly.

ceebeegeebies Sat 11-May-13 21:57:40

I have googled it and there is no information...v weird hmm Only reason for a mass recall would be dangerous stuff but then there would be information on the internet hmm hmm

WilmaFingerdoo Sat 11-May-13 22:05:39

Nagoo - it was as if they sucked all the moisture out of my nails. Awful thin and nasty they all broke and peeled.

AnnaD85 Mon 13-May-13 09:51:32

I went into Boots and was told it was due to a few bottles cracking due to over filling. Apparently BM are replacing them so at least it's nothing to do with the formula!

Stevie77 Mon 13-May-13 13:58:05

So is it only ones bought recently?

AnnaD85 Mon 13-May-13 16:07:01

I think so. If you go to their facebook page a few people have asked www.facebook.com/ILoveBarryM. They replied to someone saying...

"We've had some cracking issues on a very small number of our bottles due to over filling (absolutely nothing to do with the nail paint itself) and so we've withdrawn these bottles from Boots just so we can double check they are all ok. All of our nail paints are still available online from our website and from Superdrug and Boots should have new stock within the next couple of days."

Errinaya Wed 15-May-13 18:34:09

I work for boots and saw the memo sent from the company yesterday it stated that "all Barry M nail polishes were to be removed and recalled to the factory. Barry M nail polishes are under quarantine" I was worried myself as I buy soo much of the nail varnish. The memo did not disclose any further information. I hope this helps.

ceebeegeebies Thu 16-May-13 06:46:59

Errinaya - thanks for your post. I am assuming if they were actually dangerous there would be much more publicity about it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now