Talk

Advanced search

What hairstyle with this dress...

(7 Posts)
Haylebop12 Sat 11-May-13 20:25:29

More of a hairstyle help then clothes...

I have an awards dinner thing with work on Saturday night. Im 18 weeks pregnant so I have chosen this dress. With tights and heels.

However, because of the neckline I was wondering if anyone had any hairstyle suggestions. My hair is dark brown, thick, fairly long (two inches longer then where my bra sits on my back) with a side fringe. Quite bouncy :-) I thought just wearing it down/straight would hide the only detailing the dress has but that's generally how I would wear it when going out.

Anyone got an ideas?

Thanks you lovely lot :-)

littlediamond33 Sat 11-May-13 20:33:44

how about half up half down.making the 'up' bit slightly bouffant (sp)

Haylebop12 Sat 11-May-13 20:37:54

I could manage that....thanks

Wa also thinking about a messy side bun (low) but I would need practice. In a bit rubbish at up-do's.

gruffalocake Sat 11-May-13 20:44:22

I like the bouffant idea. Like this maybe? YouTube probably has tutoriAls!

mrspaddy Sat 11-May-13 20:47:38

Ah I tried this on today!! It is lovely. I would go for the high bun look.

littlediamond33 Sat 11-May-13 20:49:47

you could use 'bumpits' weird sounding and strange looking things but me and my hairdresser swear by them.i used them for a half up do i had when i went to a wedding.you can get them on ebay.

Haylebop12 Sat 11-May-13 20:58:19

Loving the ideas. Plan would be to use youtube tutorials for he ideas I get.

mrspaddy would you say the dress is true to pre pg size? Would it be knee length on a 5'4''?

littlediamond yes I've heard of those. Might invest as I would normally backcomb the underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now