Talk

Advanced search

Help-hair dye disaster!

(14 Posts)
Ashoething Sat 11-May-13 20:22:17

I dyed my hair a couple of weeks ago-very light golden blonde by garnier. I thought it looked a bit too orange so decided to put an ash shade over it-another garnier one-to try and tone down the orange.

It is a blood mess! The roots and about 2 inches below that are very ash blonde and then the rest is still a golden blonde. I was thinking of putting a darker blonde over it-do you think that would work? Please don't advise me to go to hairdresser as I really cant afford it!

Chandelierforagirl Sat 11-May-13 20:25:25

Tomorrow morning, early, don a hat and get to Boots for colour stripper and a bottle of an acceptable replacement colour. I haven't done this but my mother did. She was grey/white/blond and thought she'd try being a redhead. Came out pink. It was sorted quite privately within a couple of hours. Good luck OP.

JoyceDivision Sat 11-May-13 20:25:51

Sympathies, Ashoething.

I posted here last night as I had put a light brown colour on my medium brown hair knowing is often goes too dark. I had just grown all my hair dye out to start from scratch, amd am well used to home dye!

Yet I came out of the shower with coppery glam rock hair.

I am literally sat typing with a medium ash brown on my hair with 10 more mins before it needs washing off. I shall let you know my results.
grin

My advice is stick more dye on! (prob not best advice as I'm mpre brunette than blond!)

Try a semi permanent as too much permanent will damage your hair. This will help. It'll be darker though but should help tone the yellow without going too ash green. Plus it's semi.

Ashoething Sat 11-May-13 20:37:12

No I cant go as dark as that!shock I have just made it worse by snipping random bits off!

Nice. Well good luck wink

pod3030 Sat 11-May-13 20:43:40

i second colour stripper, get it back to basic bleach, then i use

www.wilko.com/hair-dyes/garnier-belle-color-luminous-blonde-hair-colourant-pearl-blonde-932/invt/0100863

i have naturally red hair and dye it blonde, so the initial lightening is always too brassy. this is a lovely light golden blonde but takes away the orangey-ness as it has cool notes in it too. semi permanent so not too damaging. good luck!

Colour strippers are around a tenner to buy aren't they? Could you get in your local college might end up same price? Or ask a salon if they can use you as a model?

JoyceDivision Sat 11-May-13 20:56:29

well,glad to report I now have lovely darkler ash brown hair and not glam rock mum hair grin

Glad it's turned out nice JD.

JoyceDivision Sat 11-May-13 21:21:09

thankyou, look out for the post in the morning shrieking 'all my hair has fallen out!!!' grin

Ashoething Sat 11-May-13 21:44:46

So do you think if I put a darker blonde over the top it will work? the roots are very blonde and don't want it going even lighter. I can live with it for a week or so-if I tie the front back it not as shit looking!

TattyDevine Sat 11-May-13 21:58:19

If you put a dark VERY ash blonde over the top it might work, albeit with a bit of root glow or "anti" glow in this case (the darker bit being down below)

One of the Clairol neutral dark ash blonde shades is safest. Nothing with gold, mahogany, copper or red obviously

TattyDevine Sat 11-May-13 21:59:08

Failing that put a light ash brown and get a half head of highlights, the wait for it to all fade and blend together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now