Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what can I use to make the skin tone on my face (pale) look the same as my body (olive)

(18 Posts)
ballroomblitz Sat 11-May-13 20:16:54

I have very odd two toned skin. Skin on my face is pale and burns easily, skin on my body is olive toned and rarely burns.

Don't notice it so much now but coming into the summer it can be quite noticeable and looks like I'm wearing much paler foundation that I should be (but it matches my skin colour)

Is there some sort of amazing bronzer or tanner I can use? Surely I can't be the only one that has slightly odd skin this way.

SundaySimmons Sat 11-May-13 21:01:41

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123870919199_-1

SundaySimmons Sat 11-May-13 21:02:45

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123864900399_-1

EarnestDullard Sat 11-May-13 21:03:00

I'm the opposite, my face tans easily and my body stays luminous white. Maybe we could swap heads and then we'd both match? grin

(Sorry, not helpful, I know).

SundaySimmons Sat 11-May-13 21:03:56

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_157062902899_-1

SundaySimmons Sat 11-May-13 21:04:07

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_157062902899_-1

ballroomblitz Sat 11-May-13 21:23:36

So fake tans won't look, well fake on the face Sunday ? I had a bad experience with them once. I think it was clarins and I ended up with orange patches.

Yay Earnest. I'm so relieved to hear I'm not the only one. That would sound like an excellent plan if it was possible grin

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 12-May-13 07:32:35

I'm similar in that I choose not to tan my face but my body retains colour for years. I just use any bronzer on temples, chin and forehead. A scarf or statement necklace can break the gap up too.

QueenBoudicea Sun 12-May-13 07:43:01

Are you me? I have the exact same problem, although my face skin is olive but just doesn't tan. I've found that I have to match my face to my body with bronzer - it took ages too find a good match. The only thing is that the bronzer tends to wear off by the end of the day.

I did try using st tropez daily face tan, but couldn't get a good colour match. Someone said that fake bake were good for olive skin so I might have a look round and see if they do a daily face one.

SundaySimmons Sun 12-May-13 07:43:32

Gradual face tanners look more natural than just fake tan on the face. You can add your usual moisturiser as well to give even less of a tan if you feel the look isn't natural just using gradual face tanning alone.

toiletbrush Sun 12-May-13 07:58:05

I'm Olive skinned and fake bake is definitely the best product for my skin tone.

QueenBoudicea Sun 12-May-13 08:04:22

I've just been looking on the fake bake website - it doesn't look like they do a daily moisturiser one.

Toiletbrush - which product would you recommend? I'm getting confused with them all.

Ujjayi Sun 12-May-13 09:39:05

I have the exact same problem. I use St Tropez Gradual Tanner (the regular version rather than the face version). I also use a bronzer - a cheapy Boots 17 one which is as good and long-lasting as any more expensive versions I have tried.

DowntonTrout Sun 12-May-13 09:51:14

Pah! I'm just the same. My face does tan but it disappears very quickly, whereas my body stays tanned year round.

I am using a BB cream at the moment and always have a sweep of bronzer over cheekbones/nose/temples. I find finding a foundation colour match almost impossible as my face doesn't match my neck, which in turn, doesn't match my chest.

ballroomblitz Sun 12-May-13 10:18:15

So gradual tanner rather than instant. Eek there's so many. I can see this being a disaster. Any tips for a self-tanning virgin?

Going to have to ask around the make-up counters for bronzers as I find if I buy them myself they look too orange and get dumped when I get home.

Good point about wearing a scarf or statement necklace CeeCee . I haven't really done either in years as I've had two babies in that time that go for anything round my neck and try to break it. Kind of got out of the way of wearing jewellery.

Sooo glad to see I'm not the only one grin .

Eliza22 Sun 12-May-13 11:04:47

I'd try Clarins Intense Bronze for face and décolleté. SalonSkincare have it on offer ATM at £15. It's very good and doesn't smell as bad as the clarins Instant Smooth one in the little pot IMO. I had that and couldn't wait to finish it, as the snell was utterly awful.

toiletbrush Sun 12-May-13 11:48:15

queen I have to confess that I use the original lotion - a tiny amount on my face followed by my usual moisturiser. It's actually my dd's Fake Bake and I used it one day as I'd run out of foundation but liked how natural it looked on me.

I've tried most of the gradual face tanners but they all seem to look a very unnatural colour on my skin and don't match the rest of me, plus I don't like the build up and blocked pores.

Ujjayi Sun 12-May-13 12:29:25

The St Tropez Gradual Tanner is pretty much fail-safe. It is the only one I have not had a disaster with.....having tried most of the others on the market. For the first application, prep your skin by using a facial scrub and a deep cleansing mask followed by a good moisturiser. Leave until moisturiser has thoroughly soaked in and then apply gradual tanner. I then top up every other day/couple of times a week. I sweep the tanner from my cheeks over my ears to ensure there aren't any harsh lines. Don't forget your neck and sweep down onto the chest to blend. I also avoid going to close into the hair line as my natural tan always seems to leave a small gap between hair line too.

Use the Fair/Medium version for a subtle build up. I haven't had a problem with blocked pores with this.

If you find bronzers are usually too orange, try bronzing pearls which, IME give a more subtle glow than solid colour blocks. The one I have has lots of pink and lighter golds in it rather than dark. It gives a healthy glow rather than a tango tan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now