Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

No style sense, please help me with shoes

(8 Posts)
leekandbaconrolypoly Sat 11-May-13 19:47:42

I've got a dress similar to this and need some shoes preferably suitable for hot weather but very smart work/meeting important people for work type situations. I'm useless with fashion and particularly shoes please help!

NorthernLurker Sat 11-May-13 19:48:57

Can you wear heels? Wide or narrow feet?

leekandbaconrolypoly Sat 11-May-13 20:01:54

I can wear heels not very gracefully but heels would be better because I'm short. Average width feet. I don't like being bare legged so would prefer nude tights. Does that mean no open toe?

givemeaclue Sat 11-May-13 20:08:13

Definitely no open toe with tights unless they are toeless tights

MelanieCheeks Sat 11-May-13 20:09:32

If it's above your knee, I think flat ballet pump style would work.

leekandbaconrolypoly Sat 11-May-13 20:21:47

It's above my knee but ballet pumps make my legs look stubby and I'm a bit bow legged. I think I'd rather have heels.

gruffalocake Sat 11-May-13 20:29:45

Pointed toe shoes are on trend and help elongate the legs. Try theseor these if you want a heel.
Quite conservative but nod to fashion. A block heeled shoe in white would look great too.

Celticlassie Sat 11-May-13 20:34:49

I like these.

or these?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: