Talk

Advanced search

Peter Pan collars

(13 Posts)
ByTheSea Sat 11-May-13 15:11:36

Does anyone hate them as much as I do? I think they look ridiculous on grown women (not that I like them on young girls either) and are infantilising. There seem to be loads of them around now. What do you think?

mrsminiverscharlady Sat 11-May-13 15:12:38

I think they're horrid. I thought so when I was 5 and my mum made me wear a dress with one and I think the same 30 years later grin

SlowJinn Sat 11-May-13 15:14:26

I think they're horrid too. I have memories of a vile yellow party dress which made my neck itch when I was a child, and I have equally hideous memories of a blouse I bought to wear to a job interview that went atrociously.

EmpressMaud Sat 11-May-13 15:29:54

I have three Peter Pan collar blouses, all from Boden (I know, I know). I do think they're a little twee, but I like them somehow still.

I'm guessing they might date quickly.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 11-May-13 15:52:02

I love them. So pretty.

buttercrumble Sat 11-May-13 16:57:07

Love them here too

pinkhousesarebest Sat 11-May-13 17:58:23

I was in Claudie Pierlot yesterday, and it was full of Peter Pan collars, including a dead ringer for the Boden one from last year. They were flying out of the shop.

HandMini Sat 11-May-13 19:21:13

I like them. You can always wear them a bit funky, like lace or jewelled ones to look less girly.

50shadesofmeh Sat 11-May-13 21:53:34

Love them, I have slightly retro style though so like slightly twee things

dementedma Sat 11-May-13 21:54:14

Very Princess Diana and hideous

ToastedTeacakes Sat 11-May-13 22:40:39

Depends how they're styled. They can look lovely on grown women if done well, I think!

Avoid them attached to ditsy babydoll dresses, smocks or skater styles. Those cheap examples at Asos or Topshop just depress me.

I can see them working well attached to a chic cashmere cropped cardi, with pencil skirt and heels.

Caladria Sun 12-May-13 01:48:45

Awful.

SingingSands Sun 12-May-13 02:01:50

I avoid them, they remind me of a hideous burgundy velvet party dress with cream lace collar my mother used to force me into as a kid. In every photo of me wearing it I look murderous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now