Talk

Advanced search

Printed trousers yay or Nay ??

(10 Posts)
chickydoo Sat 11-May-13 12:15:51

Last year I purchased a pair of rather mad printed trousers, oranges and blacks,
I have just got another pair in a blue and white pattern, a cigarette shape.
They are light, cotton & I think will be great on summer holiday, with a vest top or not? I am wrong side of 45, a bit hippyish I guess. A slim size 8....but am not sure, are they just for youngsters? are they hideous.. what do you think? My DD 18 said they look great, but she would never have the guts to wear them .. What does that mean.. What do you wise ladies of fashion think?
Thanks

chickydoo Sat 11-May-13 12:17:21

Am on phone at moment so can't do a link, will do one later

maybemyrtle Sat 11-May-13 12:21:29

You like them, they suit you, other people say they look great, you've got a good figure...I'm not sure what the q is?!

FrumpyPumpy Sat 11-May-13 12:22:04

Wear them. I would if not for arse size of moon...

FrugalFashionista Sat 11-May-13 12:22:18

I'm 40, Sz10/12 and wear bright patterned cigarette pants often.
I wear mine with a vest top or tee and a blazer or with a short coat or sometimes with a light sweater. Pick colors that work well with the rest of your wardrobe.My printed trousers are 100% cotton and quite a classic shape, so when the fad is over, I'm planning to dye them black. Will do the same to white jeans, which also love. With these new bottoms, old items in my wardrobe can be combined in lots of new and exciting ways.

chickydoo Sat 11-May-13 12:29:42

Thank you!!
Was just really unsure, will wear them with with joy!

HappyGirlNow Sat 11-May-13 12:39:14

I'm 40 and I've loads of them so I say 'yay!!!' grin If they're a bit mad on the pattern front just kept the rest of your outfit simple and classic..

mrgarybarlow Sat 11-May-13 12:44:55

I'm 37 and love mine. Have few pairs. Dh said they were horrendous when he saw them hanging up but had to admit he liked them when I put them on. Get them worn!!

chickydoo Sat 11-May-13 12:47:30

I'm putting them on as I type
Thanks again!

freddiefrog Sat 11-May-13 13:01:24

I've got a couple of pairs and wear them often. I like them. My 11 year old DD hates them, and when I first bought them DH thought I'd had too much sun, but he admits to liking them now.

I keep the rest of my outfit quite plain, I'm wearing a dark olive-y green and black patterned pair today with a black vest and a denim jacket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now