Talk

Advanced search

Pls recommend a good concealer

(9 Posts)
Disappearing Fri 10-May-13 23:51:41

I'm suffering a breakout of spots on my face, which is fairly unusual for me as my skin is usually very dry. Just recently I'd started using sun block, and new moisturiser, which may have caused this. Otherwise I use very little in the way of products.

So I'd be pleased to hear any recommendations for concealer. I really know nothing about this, would I buy a particular colour to match my skin tone like with foundation?

I will be going shopping tomorrow, will be near to Boots and House of Frazer, so I suppose most brands should be obtainable. I'd like to have some idea in advance what counter to head for!

Many thanks smile

LittleMissLucy Sat 11-May-13 04:51:24

Clinique do a dab on concealer which is usually for under-eye circles but works just as well on blemishes. You'll probably need a light powder to go over it. If you'd rather a foundation they have a very light weight one with a "dewy" finish so its not thick and won't dry out your skin.

But I would definitely change your sun block and moisturizer. I had very bad spots appear on my chin / cheek after trying a new night time cream (from Clinique) which is the only brand I use as I have sensitive skin. Their "dramatically different" moisturizer works well though.

Good luck!

missmartha Sat 11-May-13 05:20:29

Try Bobbi Brown. Does a good duel palette concealer.

SundaySimmons Sat 11-May-13 07:01:24

I use concealer for under eyes and around my lips too make my lips look fuller.

For spots or should I say, picked spots (gross I know!) I blot the blemish with tissue paper, apply my foundation, keep blotting the sore and do the rest of my make up. When the area is completely dried, I use a concealer brush to apply a my foundation over the blemish as the foundation applied this way in a more concentrated way covers the imperfection without any of the cakiness that you can sometimes get with concealer.

browneyedpixie Sat 11-May-13 09:16:50

benefit boing

hedgefund Sat 11-May-13 09:28:21

i like the rimmel hide the blemish and have tried tons of others, it has just the righ consistency and isn't expensive and blends well, i use the one that is one shade lighter than my skin tone.

NeverBeenToMe Sat 11-May-13 12:35:38

Vichy dermablend concealer

novelsituation Sat 11-May-13 12:58:47

Another vote here for Rimmel Hide the Blemish. Cheap as chips and a fantastic product.

mrspaddy Sat 11-May-13 13:01:09

Both of these.. can't beat the Rimmel for value and cover. This would probably be best for you for starting out. I love the Dermablend but then suffer I with acne moreso than an occasional breakout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now