Talk

Advanced search

Good bra's for the surgically enhanced?

(23 Posts)
Juneywoony Fri 10-May-13 20:57:48

Hi,

Just as the title suggests really, I'm four months post op now and I am struggling to find bra's that sit right and show them of to their best potential. xx

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:02:18

HAve you had a proper fitting? THere's loads of info on the [[ bra thread]]

Juneywoony Fri 10-May-13 21:09:01

Thanks for the reply, Yes, I am a 32 e/f dependant on the style however in some bra's they just don't sit right as obviously they aren't as moveable as real breasts.

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:12:15

TBH I've no idea about these things, but logic tels me a soft cup might be good? here. IIRC the breasts soften over time time, right?

Juneywoony Fri 10-May-13 21:27:47

Yes I think they will over time, I am wearing soft cup at the moment and can now wear underwired if I want(although mainly still wearing belvia type ones) but I want a couple of nice going out bra's that pushed them together more and showed them off a bit lol! That sounds bad but hopefully you know what I mean, just finding that a bit difficult maybe it is a case of a bit more time.

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:31:38

HAve you tried the Wonderbra Ultimo?

dizzy77 Fri 10-May-13 21:37:54

I am similar size post surgery & post-pg. Freya t-shirt style moulded cups worked quite well for my shape. Worth both following the advice on one of the bra threads and spending time in a department store with EVERY bra they have in your size, the assistants are (IMO) better trained than they used to be and will do a lot of running around for you. Then buying one in every colour when you find one that fits.

Charliefox Fri 10-May-13 22:45:18

How about the wonder bra strapless one. Gives a fab shape to everyone.

Juneywoony Sat 11-May-13 08:03:36

Thanks for the suggestions, I will go and try some of the wonderbra's on, I went to bravissimo the other week but it was a small store and they had to order most stuff in I wanted to look at the one you suggested Mrslettuce but they didn't have one in store and I was in a bit of a hurry anyway, when I have a bit more time I will go to the Solihull one and hope that has more choice than Leamington.
M n S have quite a few in my size but once they go past a dd they don't have that padding at the bottom which is a bit annoying as that is what helps push them up, being an e or f cup sounds big but they really don't look it. It's like they think you have enough there you don't need the padding lol!

My local Debenhams have quite a big selection of wonderbra's so i'l head there.

Thanks again, x

dizzy77 Sat 11-May-13 08:05:55

It's that bit in the bottom I find "fails" with my implants: because my breasts are now round and don't squidge so much that push-forward-and-together thing the wonder bras do doesn't really sit on my chest properly. The Freya seemed to be moulded to a similar shape to my new breasts but gave them more lift and oomph.

Juneywoony Sat 11-May-13 08:17:51

That's interesting Dizzy, are the Freya one's you have the same as the one in the link from Mrslettuce?

SorrelForbes Sat 11-May-13 09:56:40

I'd suggest maybe the Bravissimo Elegance as it gives cracking cleavage!

A good bra for uplift is the Cleo Juna.

dizzy77 Sat 11-May-13 09:57:11

I've just been to look as I'm pg again (8mo in) so haven't worn them for a while.

Mine have wires, MrsLettuce's link looks similar though so it might be the other model the page references. I don't know the names of the models but the number on the label is Aa4234, prob bought about a year ago. I also have a wonderbra 9147 (I think it's a bit faded) as the Freya doesn't come in white. After having no boobs for most of my life and very plain taste in underwear I appreciate these may be a bit boring if you're looking for frillies.

Branleuse Sat 11-May-13 09:59:16

I find debenhams gorgeous range have some fabulous funky styles that really suit and are comfortable on my enhanced boobies but its all a case if trying them on

Juneywoony Sat 11-May-13 11:40:56

Thank you all for the suggestions much appreciated. I will have a look and go and try some of them on. Dizzy I have always been a plain bra kind of person Black/White/Nude I did buy one in peach in M & S recently and a Navy which was adventurous for me!

Juneywoony Sat 11-May-13 11:45:35

I did buy the Ultimo Miracle multi way bra and that is good if that helps anyone else in a similar situation.

I think that with enhancements the problem can be that the root of your breast is a bit narrower than it would be for someone who is naturally that cup size, if that makes sense. Some manufacturers have particularly wide wires on their bras (Freya can be like this sometimes IME although the Deco is a bit different and apparently it isn't as bad at the lower end of their cupsize range) which don't match with the shape of your boobs.

It might be worth a look at Ewa Michalak ( a polish company online) as IME their wires are fairly narrow. There is also a small UK company called Made in Preston which I haven't tried personally but I believe the owner has implants and many of her bras are supposed to be particularly good as a result.

You might want to investigate over on bratabase - people put measurements of all different aspects of their bras up which might help you to pinpoint which will be best.

dizzy77 Sat 11-May-13 13:04:18

Wow thanks statistically, that's really helpful. I have found that I need to find a bra that precisely follows the shape of my lower boob as it doesn't move around at all (and I paid a lot of money for it to do that!). I'll look up those suppliers when I'm back in the wires.

JennySense Sat 11-May-13 14:25:37

Completely recommend speaking to T-J over at http://www.bras4all.co.uk/ - she has a lot of experience of post-surgery bra fittings - I depend on her to keep my norkage under control smile

JennySense Sat 11-May-13 14:26:00

sorry linky www.bras4all.co.uk/

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 14:45:07

bras

No '

Juneywoony Sat 11-May-13 15:55:23

Thanks for all the great information and links, all really useful and I will take a good look at all suggested.......and I even got a punctuation lesson chucked in too fantastic! wink

I believe the wires on Cleo are also a lot narrower than those on traditional Panache bras so they might be worth a try too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now