Talk

Advanced search

Interview outfit

(11 Posts)
HelpMePleaseClothes Fri 10-May-13 20:46:34

I've just found out I've got an interview next week. I really want the job and need to feel positive when I go.

I am currently making do with work clothes post maternity but don't have anything that I think is suitable.

Can anyone suggest something? I am short and fat. Size 20. Brown hair. Prefer dresses. Needs to be smartish-men all wear suits.

Thanks!

tethersend Fri 10-May-13 21:19:05

What's your budget?

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:23:33

too dressy? The model is 5'11" so it would be a better length. The usual pin-the-wrap-to-the-bra trick would need to be applied as usual.
too formal?
great cut

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:25:09

(teathers, I'd appreciate your opinion here if you would be so kind! <cheeky fucker>)

tethersend Fri 10-May-13 21:27:18

blue

black

taupe

HelpMePleaseClothes Fri 10-May-13 22:16:15

Don't really want to spend more than £250 (for a dress and jacket).

Lettuce I like the black peplum one-would that highlight post DC belly? Also like the terracotta one but I am large of nork so not sure about the neckline, same for the peplum one too. Maybe a V neck?

tethers don't like the taupe colour may order the black as a fall back.

LOVE the blue, what jacket would you wear with it?

Thank you soooo much. With DD1 (2.4) and DD2 (8mths) I really can't go shopping so this is invaluable!

tethersend Sat 11-May-13 09:50:32

Ooh, nice budget smile

Will look for a coordinating jacket for the blue dress.

Would you consider a suit?

Are you an 18-20 or a 20-22?

tethersend Sat 11-May-13 09:51:16

this could work with the blue dress- would have to be the exact same blue though.

tethersend Sat 11-May-13 09:51:59

bargain suit

tethersend Sat 11-May-13 10:11:08

Navy skirt and jacket which I'd wear with cream shell top and tan heels/bag...

Green jacket or here would look fab with blue dress, but maybe not conservative enough for interview...

tethersend Sat 11-May-13 10:29:37

Dress coat with black dress...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now