Talk

Advanced search

Invisalign- tell me the truth if you have it.

(10 Posts)
bella65 Fri 10-May-13 15:48:15

I have a consultation next week to discuss ( the 2nd one with a 2nd orthodontist.)

I am just getting my head round the cost and reckoning that if I have 30 years left on the planet I may splash out £3K ish on my teeth.

This orthodontist only does Invisalign and trad braces. Another one where I live does everything including Inman, ceramic braces, clear braces, and is it Damon?

What I want to know is- how does Invisalign feel in your mouth?

I have had trays for teeth whitening and if it feels like that I don't know if I could bear it for 2 years (I have moderate crowding).

I am concerned about spending all that money and hating the feel of the trays in my mouth, so can anyone tell me what it's like?

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 17:51:47

i can only help with inman. if you have a dentist who does it definitely get a consultation. inman take 6-12 weeks. others take years.

i am 6 weeks into 12 on my inman - amazing results.

ginmakesitallok Fri 10-May-13 17:54:16

Doesn't Inman really hurt if it's moving your teeth so quickly?

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 18:08:36

It did for the first couple of days. There should be a pic on my profile of my before. Honestly, it doesn't hurt beyond those first couple of days.

optionalExtras Fri 10-May-13 18:19:17

Never heard of Inman, but my dentist said that moving teeth too fast comes with a greater risk of them returning to their old positions when you stop. Do they include a retainer?

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 18:24:53

Yes, mine includes a fixed retainer at the end.

crispycake Fri 10-May-13 18:26:00

I'm two months in to 6/7 months of Invisalign treatment.
I think it's great.
When I first got it I thought oh god what have I done. I felt like Daffy Duck and I hated the plasticky feeling in my mouth! That lasted about 5 days max. smile
You get use to it. Nobody even knows I've got braces in

Moonstorm Fri 10-May-13 18:31:05

Can braces push teeth outwards as well as pull them in?

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 18:32:03

My inman is pushing my front 2 forward.

FayeKorgasm Fri 10-May-13 18:38:54

I had Invisalign and they have done a wonderful job and were really invisible. They are changed every week or two and sometimes the new brace can be a bit sore to begin with - for the first day at most, but they settle after that. They can be a bit fiddly for the first day or so too, but soon become easy.

Good luck with whatever solution you choosegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now