Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find some socks that don't leave marks

(10 Posts)
RosyfingeredDawn Fri 10-May-13 12:58:27

I don't have thick calves or ankles, but most socks I buy seem to dig in and leave marks. I need some new socks and hope to find some -preferably on the High street- that don't.
Also I suffer from thread veins and I think some of them have been caused by too tight socks (or at least helped along). I hope someone will be able to help.

shelldockley Fri 10-May-13 15:07:07

I got These socks recently and they don't seem to leave any marks I don't think.

JazzDalek Fri 10-May-13 15:24:17

I have just bought these and they are wonderful, no marks and very very soft and comfortable:

www.bambooclothing.co.uk/store/show_product/UA615-STR

Chandelierforagirl Fri 10-May-13 15:42:14

I heard somewhere, ages ago, say that it's about people's biological makeup, some people mark and osme don't... as I type this I think it sounds silly....

whoopwhoopbib Fri 10-May-13 21:19:39

TKMaxx sell some called soft grip iirc that don't leave marks but do still stay up.

FumblesandFrolics Fri 10-May-13 21:31:52

I turn mine over at the top, it seems to help stop the marks.

Pusspuss1 Fri 10-May-13 21:37:04

I despise tight socks too! The best ones I've got are from TK Maxx and have what I think they call a "honeycomb top", which is lovely and soft.

Startail Fri 10-May-13 21:42:03

No idea about marks, but bambo socks do feel lovely, I have various ordinary ones and DD has bamboo walking socks she loves.

RosyfingeredDawn Fri 10-May-13 21:58:30

Thanks everyone, will try bamboo or TK Maxx.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 10-May-13 22:02:28

Yes, I was going to say TKMaxx too. MIL bought me some lovely comfy-top socks from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now