Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help me find some socks that don't leave marks

(10 Posts)
RosyfingeredDawn Fri 10-May-13 12:58:27

I don't have thick calves or ankles, but most socks I buy seem to dig in and leave marks. I need some new socks and hope to find some -preferably on the High street- that don't.
Also I suffer from thread veins and I think some of them have been caused by too tight socks (or at least helped along). I hope someone will be able to help.

shelldockley Fri 10-May-13 15:07:07

I got These socks recently and they don't seem to leave any marks I don't think.

JazzDalek Fri 10-May-13 15:24:17

I have just bought these and they are wonderful, no marks and very very soft and comfortable:

www.bambooclothing.co.uk/store/show_product/UA615-STR

Chandelierforagirl Fri 10-May-13 15:42:14

I heard somewhere, ages ago, say that it's about people's biological makeup, some people mark and osme don't... as I type this I think it sounds silly....

whoopwhoopbib Fri 10-May-13 21:19:39

TKMaxx sell some called soft grip iirc that don't leave marks but do still stay up.

FumblesandFrolics Fri 10-May-13 21:31:52

I turn mine over at the top, it seems to help stop the marks.

Pusspuss1 Fri 10-May-13 21:37:04

I despise tight socks too! The best ones I've got are from TK Maxx and have what I think they call a "honeycomb top", which is lovely and soft.

Startail Fri 10-May-13 21:42:03

No idea about marks, but bambo socks do feel lovely, I have various ordinary ones and DD has bamboo walking socks she loves.

RosyfingeredDawn Fri 10-May-13 21:58:30

Thanks everyone, will try bamboo or TK Maxx.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 10-May-13 22:02:28

Yes, I was going to say TKMaxx too. MIL bought me some lovely comfy-top socks from there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: