Talk

Advanced search

Very short hair - what do you think?

(10 Posts)
catnipkitty Fri 10-May-13 11:30:30

On women that is...
I have had very cropped hair for a few years now and use wax/putty to syle. Am 43, starting to go grey and starting wondering if I should look a bit more 'feminine' and grow my hair a bit longer...will still be a short style but longer on top.
Not sure why I'm bothered what people think as I don't usually grin, but i hardly ever see any other wimmin with very short hair and I'm just looking for objective opinions!

JazzDalek Fri 10-May-13 11:33:59

Give it a try - a change is always nice!

I'm a fan of short hair, but if I'm honest, I think it can be hard to wear unless one is very elfin and dainty. A little bit of extra length might soften the look a bit and make it more forgiving.

LifeofPo Fri 10-May-13 11:35:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shopafrolic Fri 10-May-13 12:52:01

I have short hair and am 40. Mine is very thick. I'm definitely not elfin! I'm very grey so the hairdresser has started to put some lighter bits through it to hide the regrowth (my hair is dark brown).
It's a bit like this style but I don't wear it as well as Anne!

ChewingOnLifesGristle Fri 10-May-13 13:07:49

I like very short hair and had it myself for years but yes, now 48(oh godsad) I felt that for me anyway, it was looking too severe.

I've grown it out and now although it's still short it's longer than it was and softer looking. A sort of a bob.

Growing it out though was awfulhmm

catnipkitty Fri 10-May-13 15:53:01

Thanks for replies. Mine is Jamie Lee Curtis style, tho doesn't look as good sadly!

www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Curtis,_Jamie_Lee/gallery/TYG-032471/

Rebecca54 Fri 10-May-13 16:13:48

Short hair is not for me. It somehow doesn't suit the shape of my head. I always have shoulder length hair

DeafLeopard Fri 10-May-13 17:23:28

On me it is a no-no as I would be mistaken for a bloke as would look butch. But I know two women with similar styles to the first link that look awesome. That said they both say it needs to be styled and they always wear make up by their own admission.

Restorer Fri 10-May-13 17:48:50

I'm 43 and have had short hair for a while, but just recently have had it cut very short and use the putty to style too. I love it. It seems much younger (to me) than that kind of shortish hairstyle lots of middle aged women favour.

I'm not dainty, but I do think you need a face with the bottom half narrower than the top, like V Beckham who I think really suits short hair.

Some make-up is required an probably earrings (which I don't have) to stop me looking like a man!

To me, a bob, shoulder length or a long short hair cut is much more frumpy, but maybe that's on me.

shopafrolic Fri 10-May-13 18:18:08

Agree make up is a must!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now