Talk

Advanced search

Colour B4, can I dye my hair straight after? Will it kill my hair off?

(10 Posts)
TrampyPants Fri 10-May-13 09:49:33

I've been dying my hair since I was 14, usually shades of dark brown or red. I really fancy going dark blonde, Ive just put one on my hair and the roots are fab, but the length is too dark. Anyone used that stripper stuff? any good?

RiotsNotDiets Fri 10-May-13 09:53:54

I used it to get rid of over a year of dying it red. I used it twice and it left my hair a ginger version of my natural colour (dark blonde).

Id does get rid of the colour but red and black tend to stain the actualy hair so you can't get rid of them completely.

Also if you have to leave it at least a week after stripping it to dye it again, and even then whatever colour you dye it, it will come out darker than intended.

TrampyPants Fri 10-May-13 09:57:18

my natural colour is auburn anyway, so, tbh I'll probably be better off leaving it and asking my hairdresser to work some magic.

Geeklover Fri 10-May-13 09:59:12

The instructions say to leave for a bit before colouring again but that you can use a non permanent colour straight away.
I'll be honest I would give the colour you have just done a while to settle and see what it's like.
If you strip the colour it won't go back to your natural colour anyway and they are hard work to do. Can seriously recommend getting someone to help with the rinsing out it takes a while.

OrbisNonSufficit Fri 10-May-13 10:01:51

I had a semi put on straight after and it was fine, didn't fry my hair. But be careful - the colour absorbs SUPER fast after the colour b4.

OrbisNonSufficit Fri 10-May-13 10:05:38

Oh, forgot to say - most permanent dyes have lots of peroxide in them, which strips the colour out of your natural hair. So it's unlikely colour b4 will return you to a 'never dyed' state (more likely to be gingery), although it does lift all of the chemical colour out. Doesn't seem to work on organic colours or henna IME.

TrampyPants Fri 10-May-13 10:17:08

Thank you all. I've a feeling that I will end up very ginger (which is lovely, but not what I want at all) So, I think I will just give it a few weeks and try another normal dye OR go to my hairdresser and bat my eyelashes grin

bonzo77 Fri 10-May-13 10:23:46

Yes you can colour immediately, but only with a wash in wash out temporary colour. Not a 2 part colour with peroxide. Nice n easy do the right stuff, available at superdrug. Choose a light ash brown to counteract the ginge. You can use a permanent or semi after a week or so.

I would recommend the extra strength colour b4 if you are a long term dyer.

bonzo77 Fri 10-May-13 10:24:36

Oh, and I found the colour b4 leaves the condition of the hair ok.

TrampyPants Fri 10-May-13 10:34:05

thank you, the ends of my hair can be really dry, I don't really want to put it under more pressure until its calmed down again wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now