Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye, highlights and grey hair

(5 Posts)
OnTheNingNangNong Fri 10-May-13 09:44:36

I'm in my mid late twenties and the new hair growth is 60% grey. I regularly dye my hair a brown not dissimilar to my original natural hair colour but I am tempted to get some highlights as a change.

How does it work with grey hair? Could I still dye the roots brown without messing up the highlights between seeing the stylist? Would I be making a huge mistake?

I've been stuck in boring brownness for quite a time and I want something to help blend in the grey.

I hope this isn't too confusing as I'm knackered <eyes cause of grey hair and tiredness wearily>

MsElisaDay Fri 10-May-13 10:45:40

I'd like an answer to this too!

Torrorosso Fri 10-May-13 10:50:50

This is what I do. Stylist (who comes to house, so cheaper than salon) does the colour and highlights about every 3-4 months. In between, she touches up the roots, every 5 weeks or so.

She also gives me the products to touch up my parting and around face, which I do every 2-3 weeks between her visits.

It's not cheap even so - I spend about £50-60 every 5 weeks on average, but I am in a youthful work environment where no women are grey!

OnTheNingNangNong Fri 10-May-13 11:22:48

Ooh that is quite expensive really, but thank you, do you find it difficult doing touch ups at home?

I have a fringe that the front that hides a lot of the grey reasonably well there, but I may have to rethink my options smile

Torrorosso Fri 10-May-13 11:49:02

Home touch ups are simple to do. I am much older than you - 52 - and very grey underneath .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now