Talk

Advanced search

DD2 getting married next June.......Help!

(7 Posts)
EarthMotherImNot Fri 10-May-13 04:38:45

My lovely girl has finally agreed that marriage is a good thing and has accepted her ring with joy.

The chances are I may (Tamoxifen thread) be of minimal physical help to her but thats what t'internets for ehsmile

She has tentatively chosen a style of dress, wedding white, sweeping but with a hint of lilac which will be incorporated into bridesmaid dresses and tables, flowers etc.

She doesn't want a veil or a hat but the dress has no sleeves and she has a tattoo on her upper arm which she feels will detract from the dress.

I suggested either a shawl, she thinks it will drive her mad tugging at it all day or a shrug.

She is keen on the idea so bring it onsmile

One other issue is her hairsad After years of home bleaching it is weak and in awful condition. So much so that she's had it cut very short and faithfully promises to stop bleaching and start work on its condition so any hair remedies tried and tested which can be done over the next year have time to be of use.

In advance, thank you all x

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 06:59:24

can you link to the style of dress?

there is tattoo make up you can get. worked well on a friend a couple of years back.

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 07:01:11

re her hair if she gets regular cuts with a hairdresser it should be much better in 13 months time but you can buy deep conditioning stuff at boots. just stay away from pantene.

EarthMotherImNot Fri 10-May-13 09:18:12

I can't (numpty) but I'll ask her too when she's home tonight. If you think sleeveless with a back panel of pale lilac, flowing but very plain and elegant you won't be far out. The tattoo make up is definately worth a try. Thank you What is the issue with Pantene?

Crutchlow35 Fri 10-May-13 13:25:18

It has got lots of nasty ingredients in it. Been discussed quite a lot on here if you can run a search.

Hatescolds Fri 10-May-13 13:33:55

www.vichy.co.uk/dermablend/range/r412.aspx

my friend used this ( i think) to cover her tattoo in a similar place and in church had something similar to

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOMENS-LACE-LONG-SLEEVE-LACE-BOLERO-SHRUG-CARDIGAN-TOP-/220840667131

similar
shop.mango.com/GB/p0/mango/clothing/jackets/boleros/lace-bolero/?id=83220035_KC&n=1&s=prendas&ie=0&m=&ts=1361313230282

shorter sleeves
www.amazon.co.uk/Grace-Flair-Ivory-Bolero-Sleeve/sim/B0040GUFTQ/2

EarthMotherImNot Fri 10-May-13 14:37:05

I love the Mango ones, I'll show her tonight Ty.

How on earth does stuff like shampoo still happen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now