Talk

Advanced search

Dry cracked skin on feet - what actually works?

(32 Posts)
DorsetLass Fri 10-May-13 00:02:10

Just that really - what products actually work?

RiotsNotDiets Fri 10-May-13 00:06:33

Lush fairtrade foot lotion, put it on before bed and wear 100% cotton socks over the top.

Have also heard of doing the same with petroleum jelly, but haven't tried that personally, so don't know if it's any good.

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 10-May-13 00:14:01

Soap and glory foot file. THERE IS NO OTHER!

Posted about the wonders of this the other day grin

Also like S&G Heel Genius cream. Flexitol is great too but the bastard push-up roll-on thingy just breaks and you have to dig it out with the end of a teaspoon.

BOF Fri 10-May-13 00:16:48

Anything with urea in it.

pollywollydoodle Fri 10-May-13 00:21:41

except urine BOF smile

Beehatch Fri 10-May-13 00:25:59

Pee on your feet, go on I dare ya. I hear some do it in the shower!

Ped Egg and Boots own hard skin cream used here (no showers, oh no)

coffeeinbed Fri 10-May-13 00:26:08

I bought the sholl battery operated file.
I was that desperate.
Seems to be working.

Oldieandgoldie Fri 10-May-13 00:26:10

I love Flexitol too, but I use the Heel Balm in a tube. It's also working wonders on my elbows and upper arms. grin

EMS23 Fri 10-May-13 00:37:36

Yy to Flexitol. My diabetic dad gets it on prescription. After DD2 was born my feet were in a shocking state, dry and cracked, really painful. I put it on everyday in the morning, socks on top and had soft feet within 4 weeks.

workhell Fri 10-May-13 01:20:07

Tony Moly liquid foot peeler stuff apparently. The skin flakes off in great big pieces a few days after using. Haven't tried it myself but will. On eBay, ships from US.

blueblizz Fri 10-May-13 07:50:14

I too had feet that were becoming very dry and sore cracked heels. I've cured mine with.... vaseline. Every night smother my feet in it. They are soooo baby soft now, it really does work. I buy the massive 500g pots of emulsifying ream from chemists (same thing) and have used it for years. I would say you have to keep at it though, if you leave them again for a month they start to go dry again!! Good luck. only a fiver for a big pot.

foxysocks Fri 10-May-13 07:57:24

Flexitol is the bomb

AphraBehn Fri 10-May-13 08:09:36

Flexitol or Compeed Heel Balm.

AntoinetteCosway Fri 10-May-13 08:51:26

Flexitol stinks but it's the only thing that works. Combine with the soap and glory file for baby soft feet until you get complacent like me and stop bothering and your feet are replaced by dinosaur claws again

XBenedict Fri 10-May-13 08:54:31

A cream that contains urea - so the flexitols and type CCS creams

valiumredhead Fri 10-May-13 09:24:32

Flexitol.

Fuckitthatlldo Fri 10-May-13 09:38:16

Origins Reinventing the Heel cream is lovely.

It's more like a thick balm than a cream really. And it smells fresh and lovely and feels really cooling on hard working feet. I love it.

Charliefox Fri 10-May-13 10:41:41

Pedi eggs are horrible. They just cheese grate your skin off and leave you sore. Soap and glory foot file is the way to go.

YoniOneWayOfLife Fri 10-May-13 10:44:55

Boots do a razor blade with a handle type thing which is so satisfying to use. A few sessions with that, and some heavy duty moisturiser with socks on top = job done.

PeterParkerSays Fri 10-May-13 10:58:57

Agree with the Soap and Glory file and whatever cream you use, absolutely slather it on (best to do this at night and put socks on over the top as the heat helps to absorb it) and keep at it, it's not just a one off job.

Cocoa butter with vaseline on top works wonders for my hooves and may be cheaper / already in the house to save you splashing out on more creams for now.

squoosh Fri 10-May-13 11:13:30

Don't bother with a foot file, get yourself a Micro-Pedi.

www.amazon.co.uk/Emjoi-Micro-Pedi-Portable-Pedicure-Device/dp/B005XUNG5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368180770&sr=8-1&keywords=micropedi

janmoomoo Fri 10-May-13 14:39:11

Flexitol is foot magic.

Celticlassie Sat 11-May-13 11:43:40

I've got a body shop foot file and like it much better that the ped egg. Also much better than fish... hmm Have done the vaseline and socks thing before as well and find it far more effective than any specific foot cream I have bought.

littlediamond33 Sat 11-May-13 15:24:39

'the foot factory' foot cream.comes in a tube that looks like a toothpaste tube.its fab, i have tried many different creams but this is the best.not expencive either.

DorsetLass Sun 12-May-13 23:29:55

Thank you all! Had some flexitol left and is working with socks much better. Off to get new file - it's the cracks that attract dirt I find particularly offensive!! Every year I promise myself I'll regain control over my feet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now