Talk

Advanced search

Good eye cream for fortysomething ladies

(12 Posts)
mrsblakey Thu 09-May-13 18:59:41

Am looking for a good eye cream to cope with all the usual issues for us late forties ladies.
I dont want to spend a fortune but am open to all suggestions
Am currently using up a tube from the boots botanics range.

hellymelly Thu 09-May-13 19:00:38

bumping as need the same.

bella65 Thu 09-May-13 19:58:42

Simple got the best reviews in a Daily Mail test a few years ago.

I honestly don't think any work.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 09-May-13 20:23:08

Elemis Pro Collagen Eye Serum is what's gracing my (nearly) 47yo eyes at the moment.
Not greasy or heavy. smile

thenightsky Thu 09-May-13 20:44:32

I've been using wrinklestop from Aldi. Its way better than anything else I've tried.

daisydalrymple Thu 09-May-13 22:43:11

I'm using boots no.7 protect and perfect, eye cream at night and a gel with roller ball for morning. I'm 41. My main issues are bags and dark circles, but the bags do seem slightly better (when I use it regularly enough!) I know they have a few different eye products in their no.7 range depending on your concerns. Also used to use (and love) some clarins eye products, but post-DC can't really afford them, whereas I get no.7 when on 3 for 2 and with the £5 vouchers they often have.

SorrelForbes Fri 10-May-13 08:57:41

Avens do a nice light cream in a pump dispenser so you only use a tiny amount each time.

babySophieRose Fri 10-May-13 09:03:05

Roc eye cream is good and not too expensive.

Mintyy Fri 10-May-13 09:04:52

Roc is the best imvho.

dontyouwantmebaby Fri 10-May-13 12:36:43

Boots Vitamin E range eye cream comes in a little tube, easy to apply, feels lovely and its a bargain at £3. Has same active ingredients as some of the pricier alternatives.

I'm in my 40s too & generally am not a great believer in the 'miracle' claims on eye products marketed towards us 'older' women.

mrsblakey Fri 10-May-13 12:38:27

thanks guys .I have just posted another thread on aldi products but there are some great suggestions hete.

NotTreadingGrapes Fri 10-May-13 13:55:18

I have a bottle of the Elemis mentioned above and it did fuck all.

Now, having invested a whole £6 on a Roc roller ball face thingy which has given me a facelift (virtually) I am going to buy the eye one as well and try that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now