Talk

Advanced search

Chloe Marcie Mini

(19 Posts)
ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 15:26:23

Can anyone help me with the colours? Both of these bags are described as 'tan', but they appear to be different shades. The Selfridges version seems much darker, with black piping, whilst the NAP version appears much paler with grey piping.
Are they actually different, or is it the photography?

Hope you can help!

www.net-a-porter.com/product/334896

www.selfridges.com/en/Bags/Brand-rooms/Collection-A/CHLOE/Marcie-mini-satchel_221-3001525-3P0580161TAN/?previewAttribute=Tan

I may take the plunge so need to be sure.

rubylovescheese Thu 09-May-13 15:36:10

thonk they look the same. lovely lovely bag.envy envy

PinkMangoSays Thu 09-May-13 15:41:50

I think it is just a matter of photography. I think the Selfridges one looks like it's got black outlining is because of the shadows and the overall picture is just darker

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 15:42:34

You think so? I can't get my head around it. Wish there were more pics of the Selfridges version....I saw them in store a few weeks ago and can't bloody remember the exact shade now confused

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 15:43:35

Probably the same - not seen any reference online about differing shades of tan. Would prefer to buy from NAP, too. Thanks for taking a look!

sirtoffeedoris Thu 09-May-13 15:50:05

One is called tan, one is called brown sugar (the nap one). Might be that tan is new stock and brown sugar is an earlier edition? Guessing here....

santamarianovella Thu 09-May-13 15:55:45

toasted have a look at my theresa,the marci they have is exactly like the one from NAP.and over at harvey they have the one you saw at selfridges,my guess is one of them is from the winter season,try contacting NAP by phone they are helpful,sometimes!

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 16:25:20

Ah, thanks! Might do that.

OneLittleLady Thu 09-May-13 16:27:23

They definitely look like different colours to me. I like the lighter shade myself

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 16:31:03

Bugger, i can't decide.

TheCraicDealer Thu 09-May-13 16:34:52

I like the light one too, but bear in mind the dye from your jeans will probably come off on the back where it bounces on your hip [voice of experience]

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 16:38:23

Is this the same as the selfridges one?

www.mytheresa.com/en-de/marcie-small-leather-shoulder-bag-212323.html

OneLittleLady Thu 09-May-13 16:40:09

I would say that's the same yes, just a bit of difference in the light as the photos were taken is all

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 16:41:48

Thanks, I think this might be the one.

ToastedTeacakes Fri 10-May-13 11:58:22

Wanted to bump this to ask whether anyone here has tried these bags in real life? I am not wondering whether they will lose their shape a bit, like the flap sagging, etc.
I asked at the Purse Forum and someone said they hold up 'ok', which kind of worries me!
Also heard that the toggle fastening at front is annoying to close, yet has to be constantly threaded through to keep bag safe.

Any thoughts on this, oh bag experts?

santamarianovella Fri 10-May-13 12:18:07

I tried it toasted,and my sil has the blue one,the leather gets softer,but I don't see the trouble with fastening ,maybe if you over stuff it you will have difficulty with it, but overall she is very happy with it as its not very heavy,and holds a lot of things,
The Chloe Elsie mini is very nice too,

ToastedTeacakes Fri 10-May-13 12:24:22

Thanks santa!
Because it is a rather defined shape I am worried about it sagging in at the top or back, if that makes sense - has happened to my other saddle bag, although admittedly much cheaper.

ToastedTeacakes Fri 10-May-13 12:25:30

Oooh, the Elsie is lovely too!

God Iove that bag.

<Flees back to the Frugal Thread>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now