Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a top to go with this outfit please....!

(14 Posts)
InNeedOfSense Thu 09-May-13 15:10:49

I've been trawling the shops with no inspiration, so I thought I'd ask you! smile

I want to wear a fitted, classic shades-of-brown tweed jacket with jeans and mid-brown heels. All pretty classic and somewhere between casual and thought-about.

So what top? Is a shirt too much detail on top? I'm pretty busty so don't want to add yet more acreage to my bust area! grin A T-shirt would look wrong too. I thikn I need something without too much detail but not too boringly plain either. If you can think of anything, I'd be really appreciative! Thank you! flowers

jacket

MrsLettuce Thu 09-May-13 16:09:00

maybe this?

InNeedOfSense Thu 09-May-13 17:12:28

Thanks. Hmmm, maybe. It looks a bit boxy / shapeless though.

MrsLettuce Thu 09-May-13 17:14:05

Heehee, yes! That's because I thought I was linking to this more or less detail free shirt

noddyholder Thu 09-May-13 17:17:26

this is lovely

InNeedOfSense Thu 09-May-13 18:06:56

Oooh MrsL, that second one is nice.

Noddy, I was looking at those lace cut-out tops (see I know all the technical lingo) wink and was wondering if that would work with a tweed jacket.

I think a real lace one in the style of that Zara one would be gorgeous, but the idea of wearing a plastic t-shirt isn't doing it for me!

This sort of shape maybe?

Or this?

InNeedOfSense Thu 09-May-13 19:10:41

I like the paisley burn out one. Thank you! smile

noddyholder Thu 09-May-13 19:57:52

Its not plastic!

Sorry, Noddy - it said faux leather, which usually means plastic. smile

noddyholder Thu 09-May-13 20:13:52

grin Its actually softish I saw another one they had more a vest shape but not on teh website

Such a pity it's not a nicer fabric (DAMN you ployester) because it's lovely. I had an ancient 1930s silk and lace top from Portabello Road that I wore until it literally fell to pieces, and have never been able to replace. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now