Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Which would look best?

(8 Posts)
NotTreadingGrapes Thu 09-May-13 09:33:46

I am currently in possession of 2 pairs Boden white jeans, one pair has to go.....

It's for a semi-smart "do" next week.....will be wearing navy loafers and a navy <whispers> tunic from Phase Eight (which is bloody gorgeous I tell ya)

One pair of jeans is "crop" so sits about 4-5 inches above my ankle. The other is not, so sits on my ankle. Somehow, to me, the second pair don't look quite right.

But I need not to commit a huge faux pas......Is there a rule?

rubylovescheese Thu 09-May-13 09:54:43

wear the ones that suit your bodu shape best. regardless of anything else you will feel more relaxed in them.

Annianni Thu 09-May-13 10:00:41

Can you roll the longer pair up, so they are cropped?
Then you get 2 looks out of one pair.

If not, keep the crop pair, you'll wear them lots over the Summer.

MadAboutHotChoc Thu 09-May-13 15:14:48

Keep both - if its warm and sunny wear the cropped jeans and if not, wear the other pair.

Numberlock Thu 09-May-13 15:16:44

Do you have some pics? I like the sound of the look, it sounds mod-inspired.

ToastedTeacakes Thu 09-May-13 15:30:59

I like the sound of the cropped pair, they always strike me as a tad more sleek and look fabulous with heels. I love the sound of the rest of the outfit, too. Navy and white is so crisp and chic!

NotTreadingGrapes Thu 09-May-13 16:30:43

Thank you! I think, on reflection and dangling off bed to see self in mirror that the cropped pair def look more chic. The other pair are fine, it's just the sitting on ankle bit...

Now, where's my St Tropez to brown my feet.....

NotTreadingGrapes Thu 09-May-13 16:34:18

This is the top. It's fab. The finest finest wool, and just what I was after.

www.phase-eight.co.uk/pws/CatalogueSearch.ice?layout=searchresults.layout&performSearch=true&visible=true&productAttributeName=&productAttributeValue=&productsPerPage=9999&resetFilters=true&isServiceProduct=false&keywords=geovana&x=21&y=9

Have never even looked at phase eight before, and though some of the stuff is minging, some of it is very nice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: