Talk

Advanced search

aveda do you rate their products..

(14 Posts)
Nehru Wed 08-May-13 20:28:28

hair wise? apart from the delicious smell

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 08-May-13 20:32:15

No, and that pure shampure smells like ammonia.

EuroShaggleton Wed 08-May-13 20:33:40

Yes, I like them.

And the brilliantly named "Hand Relief" is on my desk at work...

Allthingspretty Wed 08-May-13 20:56:02

Yes. Love damage remedy.
I found them v v generous wih hair samples op so my advice is to ask them.i have been buying for over a year now amd it was due ro the fact that i felt confident agter receiving several samples

timidviper Wed 08-May-13 20:58:02

I was one of the testers on here for the hair thickening one. It smelt gorgeous and my hair was nice when I was using it.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 08-May-13 21:21:42

Wouldn't bother buying Hand Relief again and bought the shampoo and conditioner a few years ago and was underwhelmed ( for the price)
Perhaps I'm just a hopeless case and expect miracles smile

BinksToEnlightenment Wed 08-May-13 21:22:30

Scalp Benefits is the best shampoo I've ever used.

LoveMyBoots Wed 08-May-13 21:24:50

Used to use Aveda shampoo, but they stopped doing the smaller bottles, plus it's very expensive.

Lol at hand relief, though. It's not the best hand cream. And they used to do foot cream called, not surprisingly, foot relief. It used to make my feet itch like crazy.

Eliza22 Thu 09-May-13 08:26:32

There was a time, when aveda was one of the few out there, doing "pure plant based" formulae. Now, there are others just as good and less expensive.

Years ago, I used to sell aveda. I think it lost something when Estée Lauder stepped in.

EarlyInTheMorning Thu 09-May-13 08:29:11

I rate their hair products very highly but their skincare not so much

Allthingspretty Thu 09-May-13 19:24:57

Their is an ad in grazia that saus if you mention the ad at an Aveda counter then you get a sample of one of their shampoos. I think its the one starting with an a.

OneMoreGo Thu 09-May-13 19:39:32

I love Shampure and Be Curly shampoos, they are the only Aveda stuff I have tried. Need to save up for another bottle soon as mine is almost out and they are quite pricey, though LookFantastic and eBay are cheaper.

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 09-May-13 21:26:40

Scalp Benefits is pretty good

I like Hand Relief a lot. I've used a few of the shampoos and found that they make my hair rather greasy but I did rate the thickening conditioner when I was a tester on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now