Talk

Advanced search

Hair dressers who give you the junior for a blow dry

(13 Posts)
Nehru Wed 08-May-13 19:41:26

went to get a colour. it came off at 5.10 by 5.40 the junior seemed to be drying it, taking ages and with no " is it ok if Janine dries it" kind of thing going on.
I had been there since 4.15 i was hacked off. I said " oh forget it i need to go" no tip

AIBU

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 08-May-13 19:47:16

I stopped going to one salon because of that in Bath. Seriously if I'm paying for the owner to do the cut and dry and it was £££, then I expect him to dry it too.

Nehru Wed 08-May-13 19:48:21

it was so cheeky and it turned into a bloody training session too. " do this do that"

no FUCK OFF AND DRY IT

Nehru Wed 08-May-13 19:48:54

i really despair of all salons locally.
I want it to be clean, efficient and with a bloody head massage, drinks that are palatable and a good cut.
its impossible

thistlelicker Wed 08-May-13 19:49:03

Who did u book the initial consultation with? Don't forget these girls need to learn too! To me unless the prices are ridiculous it doesn't matter who cuts/blow dries etc but that's
Me

VisitorTheDog Wed 08-May-13 19:49:18

That's happened to me in Toni & Guy a few times, also that bit where they leave for five mins during your cut to do the consultation with the next customer is annoying. But I don't go there now for those reasons!

Nehru Wed 08-May-13 19:49:52

she took HALF AN HOUR to even get halfway dry, her sectioning was shit.
I paid $41 for a colour. with charlie.

charlie should bloody dry it imo

Nehru Wed 08-May-13 19:50:12

those girls learn on student night imo

Moredofbumsnet Wed 08-May-13 20:02:46

Have you thought of having a hairdresser round to your house? I do this,it's cheaper and the coffee is just how I like it.

guiltguilty Wed 08-May-13 20:03:11

Where I go the blow dry would be extra on top of the colour cost! Colour which quickly fades... I think I have Teflon hair

Nehru Wed 08-May-13 20:09:11

I quite like going out. Well sort of!

eatmydust Wed 08-May-13 20:13:31

You are not being unreasonable at all.

I've changed hairdressers because of this. If you are paying for a senior stylist they should blow dry as well.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 08-May-13 20:15:10

The salon I now go to is so much better, good coffee and whoever cuts or colours your hair, they dry it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now