Talk

Advanced search

Maxi dress help!

(12 Posts)
hellswelshy Wed 08-May-13 16:09:39

I would like a maxi dress for my upcoming holidays but as always, i have something in mind that i just cant find. I would like a jersey type maxi, not too full, and flattering on tummy if poss, not too strappy and most importantly navy or green, no pattern. I keep seeing lovely ones in black, but want something for day time that i can accessorise for evening. Anybody seen anything reasonably priced - ie not Boden, im more high street smile thanks

OneLittleLady Wed 08-May-13 16:12:47

I've seen plain green and navy maxis in Primark though I don't know if they will be the shape you are looking for as they are quite straight up and down.

Annianni Wed 08-May-13 16:18:55

Gap have navy plain ones.

hellswelshy Wed 08-May-13 17:09:01

Thanks for both suggestions, going to a Gap tommorow so will have a look there. I have seen a few in Primark that i may try on just to see, but they did look a bit unforgiving for my post twin tummy! Was wondering if anybody had tried anything on that was particularly flattering?

Mumelie Wed 08-May-13 17:31:35

Phase eight?
or
Dottie Ps
or
New Look

hellswelshy Wed 08-May-13 17:45:35

Ahh! I do like the look of the dottie P one! I am going to try it on tommorow, will definitely report backsmile Phase Eight out of budget unfortunately, and New look...hmmm il have a look in the flesh...thanks!

Annianni Wed 08-May-13 17:53:44

I've got the navy Gap one here waiting for me to try, along with various others.

I'll let you know what it's like in the morning when dh has gone to work grin

PrincessOfChina Wed 08-May-13 17:56:08

I bought one from Oasis at the weekend. I got it in black but they did have blue and green too, as well as an awesome coral colour I'm not brave enough for. It was £28 and v flattering with a skinny belt.

CakeInMyFace Wed 08-May-13 18:29:42

Fat face makita maxi dress the navy and stripe one, not the floral one. Its lovely and flattering on! I bought it and its the nicest fitting maxi I've tried. Soft jersey that skims in the right places.

BestIsWest Wed 08-May-13 18:45:44

I have this www.kaliko.co.uk/en/sleeveless-maxi-dress-390794 but it might be a bit too blue. Comes in green too.

YoniOno Wed 08-May-13 19:32:26

I have the DP one (at least I assume it's the one linked above, that link isn't working for me) and it's lovely. Quite clingy, so size up if that's not for you.

hellswelshy Thu 09-May-13 14:18:55

thanks! I tried a Gap one on, not sure if it was the same one Annianni, but it was right on me and made tops of arms look fat. BUT i loved the DP one, tried on and really nice, but i will have to size up as i need the petite length so will need the 16 not my normal 14. Its perfect, not too strappy and very versatile. And cheap! Hoorah!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now