Talk

Advanced search

Wrecked eyebrows after dodgy threading job. Help!

(5 Posts)
macandcheesewithbaconbits Wed 08-May-13 13:07:14

Have been threading eyebrows for years and as a result of some over zealous plucking and threading in that time my eyebrows are much thinner than I'd like. There are bits that have stopped growing back. As a result I don't go very often and when I do I always tell them to take it easy and just to tidy. But they always ignore me. Today the woman took off way too much and they are lopsided. She then had the cheek to tell me that I shouldn't pluck the bit where the hairs are thin- I DON'T! That's why I asked her to stay clear of there.
I was so upset I just left and paid. Fool I know.
I can't look in the mirror without getting upset. You would think I would learn.

I need a good reliable threader in SE London. Any suggestions.

catslave Wed 08-May-13 14:24:01

Why don't you try having them HD'd? They put a dye on your brows before threading and plucking, so it darkens any downy hairs around the brow and brings them into the brow, if you see what I mean? It's great for overplucked ones... Find a good HD place with before and after pictures so they don't give you a Scouse brow, though. Sorry, I am in the SW so can't give a specific recommendation, and didn't have the money to get my brows done when I lived in SE London!

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Wed 08-May-13 15:17:17

I second the HD recommendation - great for growing back overplucked brows. Lay off the threading for a while.

macandcheesewithbaconbits Wed 08-May-13 19:19:10

Thanks both. Dr google I do stay away for as long as I can- usually 6 weeks.
HD- I thought it was a gimmick? I may have to try?

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 08-May-13 19:39:03

Would tatoo brows be an option? My ds had it done. Not cheap, but looked good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now