Talk

Advanced search

What colour shoes with this dress?

(7 Posts)
PenfoldRocks Wed 08-May-13 12:46:13

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karen-Millen-Layed-Hem-Dress-Taupe-/111063980857#ht_63wt_1399

I posted earlier about a 'Glamour' dress code for a party this weekend. I think I'm going to wear the above dress but
a) I wore it to the wedding of a friend who is going to the party and
b) It's pretty ancient.
I last wore it with shoes the same colour and was wondering whether I could make it look different and more modern with coloured shoes? or maybe a white tuxedo jacket? Fuschia shoes?
Or should I go for the black halter floaty number? This one
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karen-Millen-Black-Dress-size-8-Chiffon-/251270838320#ht_285wt_1399

Which no one at the party will have seen, but I think is a bit meh?

Opinions pleeeease

blossombath Wed 08-May-13 20:08:36

First one is more striking, IMO - agree second is a bit meh.

How about printed/patterned shoes -something like these, or [[http://www.lkbennett.com/shoes/sandals/SFTACCA180LEATHER these] though depends on how long the dress is on you, and of course your budget...

Also with that dress I think you could go for some big earrings or a statement necklace, to make it different?

blossombath Wed 08-May-13 20:08:57

argh link fail these

jackstini Wed 08-May-13 21:15:03

I think coral shoes would go well with the taupe and oomph it up a bit

I do like the black one but bet a lot of people will be wearing black?

PenfoldRocks Thu 09-May-13 09:51:25

Thanks both. I love the Zara shoes and they would go with so many other things. The dress is about an inch or so above the knees.
Thinking about the Zara shoes, I have some cobalt blue sandals and cobalt statement necklace that I may try - not sure the colours will go, but would save me ££ if they do

ELR Thu 09-May-13 09:55:23

Def the first one, cobolt blue may work as would corral or fuchsia not too sure about a white tuxedo jacket though.

Desti Thu 09-May-13 10:07:42

Check out these or these

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now