Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any good tips for hair staightening.....

(6 Posts)

I have really thick hair with a curl to it (which I love) but have lost weight and my face is quite thin. I had my hair straightened by a friend for a show we were doing and everyone much prefers it straight.

I have bought myself some nice straighteners but I do find it quite difficult as I need to section it etc due to it being so thick and it is a right old faff.

Does anyone have any hints or tips that may make it easier??

noisytoys Wed 08-May-13 11:06:23

Wide plate GHDs. Nothing else works on my super thick, wavy, coarse hair

TinyPanic Wed 08-May-13 13:48:16

Snap. GHDs.

It's not the straighteners I need help with, I have really good ones....it's me, lol........I am just useless at it smile

Mumelie Wed 08-May-13 14:14:18

Try the John Frieda 3 day Straight spray - only thing that got the wave out of my hair when I used to straighten it.

bonzo77 Wed 08-May-13 14:28:41

You have to section it. Use proper sectioning clips. Start at the back. Use heat protection spray on totally dry hair. Spray each section, comb through then iron slowly but smoothly. Smaller sections = straighter hair. Blow dry straight first using a round bristle brush then you can often get away with just straightening the top / front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now