Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fast Glamour

(9 Posts)
PenfoldRocks Wed 08-May-13 10:34:07

I have been invited to a good friend's party and the dress code is 'Glamourous'. My friend is extremely glamourous and groomed, whereas I am more tomboy. I have put off buying anything for the party as I have loads of dresses which have had one wear (although these are all around 10 years old, so not sure whether they will just look dated).
Any tips on how to add glamour? I have short hair, so can't do much with that.
Thanks!

YoniOno Wed 08-May-13 20:07:45

Full face of makeup with dark red lippie and liquid eyeliner flicks, and Doublewear foundation! Sleek hair and red nails. The dress is the important bit though - can we not help you find a new one? <enabler>

PenfoldRocks Thu 09-May-13 09:53:17

I actually went to Boots yesterday and bought some red lippie and black liquid eyeliner, now just need to practice.
Am reluctant to spend on new dress because of the fact that I have loads with only one wear! Am maybe thinking about slicked hair as well for impact; then the dress will not really matter iyswim

Tweet2tweet Thu 09-May-13 15:15:28

What about picking up a dress in a charity shop? There are some amazing finds, also if you don't wear again won't cost a fortune and money went to charity! I just bought a silk COS top for £4!

bangersmashandbeans Thu 09-May-13 15:20:39

False eyelashes make me feel glamorous in an instant. Not drag queen ones just nice subtle ones slightly thicker and longer than your own. Makes a huge difference.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Thu 09-May-13 15:25:25

In your situation I would wear a tuxedo. With gorgeous shoes and red lipstick you would look amazing

I so want a tuxedo, can you tell?!

PenfoldRocks Thu 09-May-13 15:58:13

Eek - couldn't do false eyelashes! I've just practiced the makeup and i think it looks ok (if a bit odd).
I have a tuxedo jacket - maybe with black cigarette pants (ponders)

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Thu 09-May-13 16:04:27

YES YES YES Penfold!

PenfoldRocks Thu 09-May-13 17:06:02

Or - tuxedo jacket with sequin harems, black t and cobalt strappy sandals/cobalt statement necklace?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now