Talk

Advanced search

8hour cream? No thanks pass me the nipple cream

(12 Posts)
Blamenargles Tue 07-May-13 21:21:55

This may have already been done or someone is going to come along and tell me of something better but I love lansinoh nipple cream.

Fell in love with the stuff when I has DS but now I love it more sat at the min with it on my hands, feet, lips and knees which are dry after a full weekend gardening and I know I will wake up tomorrow with smooth, soft moisturised skin. It's definitely my desert island product.

Anyone else use products in weird ways?

OnTheNingNangNong Tue 07-May-13 21:25:24

Oooh I have some lansinoh from the hellish few weeks of bfing. I'll dig it out now and hopefully I'll have baby soft feet tomorrow grin

I use coconut oil as a facial cleanser, but that's fairly common I think.

ArtexMonkey Tue 07-May-13 21:27:29

Love lansinoh as lip balm, yep, it's great smile

Blamenargles Tue 07-May-13 21:57:01

I keep thinking of things I use it on/as great for nicks and cuts (I'm crap at shaving)
I use it the day before tanning on elbows, knees and ankles for and even tan.
Use it on Ds cuts/dry patches.

I got some 8hour cream used it hated it and went straight back to lansinoh.
I still can't believe what it did to my nipples when ds was feeding

valiumredhead Wed 08-May-13 09:32:18

I use Lanacane anti chaff as a primer - same as Smashbox one grin

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Wed 08-May-13 11:06:04

I use lansinoh on my sons eczema sometimes, and when he has a cold/cough and tends to dribble a lot I use it if he gets sore round his mouth. Way better than anything else I have been prescribed for him from the doctor!

Wallison Wed 08-May-13 11:08:21

It is actually the same stuff as 8 hour creme, isn't it? I mean, it must be. It's a bloody miracle worker.

BanoffeeSplitz Wed 08-May-13 11:40:09

Is it just pure lanolin?

I use a smear of vaseline up nostrils during hayfever season, but have heard this isn't good to do too often as it's not good to inhale petroleum jelly (even in tiny amounts).

Wonder if lanolin would be better, being a natural wax?

Dawnywoo Wed 08-May-13 11:48:58

Yep. Fab stuff. nipples - check, dry skin - check, grazes - check.

small patches of eczema, hands, lips, sunburn...

I have a fancy this might end up on the Mumsnet recommendy thingy.

Wallison Wed 08-May-13 11:54:34

BanoffeeSplitz, as far as I know yes it is just lanolin. I think it's refined in some way but I don't think it's had anything added to it. And I would guess if it's safe for babies to ingest it must be safe to inhale. Maybe ask a chemist?

happyyonisleepyyoni Wed 08-May-13 13:07:33

It is the only thing that has ever worked for me for cracked lips. I haven't found it does anything for dry knees elbows and feet , I'm trying flexitol on those thanks to MN!

dontlaugh Wed 08-May-13 13:09:28

Just me that can't use it as it reminds me of the hell that was colic, bleeding nipples, no sleep......anyone??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now