Talk

Advanced search

I HATE my upper arms

(13 Posts)
bella65 Tue 07-May-13 16:31:02

Flabby doesn't touch it.
Will lifting dumb bells help?
the inner part of my arm- near chest- is so flabby it looks withered- all soft and puddingy. Yuck.

How long to see any improvement?

Can't do gym and can't lift really heavy weights - 2kg max- due to other health issues.(Had gynae repair!!)

dexter73 Tue 07-May-13 17:08:14

The only way to get rid of the flab is to lose weight. Lifting dumb bells will tone the muscle but the flab will still be sitting on top of it.

OneLittleLady Tue 07-May-13 17:13:42

There's an exercise I got told about where you lay on your back, elbows to the side of your chest, fists pointed at the ceiling. you then slowly extend your arms so they are pointing straight to the ceiling then lower them backwards, still pointing straight out, towards your head. Weights are optional but you are meant to get faster results if you use some form of weight. It supposedly helps tone the underneath part of your arm, rather than just the top part which is all you'd see improve lifting weights usually. I've tried it myself and definitely saw some small improvements and I have truly massive bingo wings! I think it would take a while to get really noticeable results though. Not sure if it's right for you or if I've explained it very well!

lotsofboats Thu 09-May-13 21:24:02

I would really recommend the Tracey Anderson arm work out- its on her mat work out DVD. The weightless one, it is a killer but with practice is do-able. She follows the weightless arms with another workout with light weights.
I knocked 3" off my upper arms do far - Tracey says it gives you ballet arms smile

bella65 Thu 09-May-13 21:51:12

Thanks.

I am not overweight I weigh under 8 st.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 10-May-13 21:32:57

Was just about to post a similar thread and saw this one! lotsofboats which DVD is that arm workout on? Really need to try that!

coffeeinbed Fri 10-May-13 21:35:37

Tracy's Mat Workout.
It's brilliant. it's bloody hard. It works.

MarianForrester Fri 10-May-13 22:00:34

Boxercise is great for arms. Ten minute tone up kickboxing worth a try if you can't do classes. Or buy a punchbag and smack the hell out if it grin

lotsofboats Sat 11-May-13 17:10:43

Yep Coffeeinbed is right. It's the Tracey Anderson Mat Work out- I got mine on Amazon about £6.00
It's a brilliant DVD, it includes two arm sections that really give result if you commit. It took a fair few weeks to see the result, but it does happen. I decided I had to address my arms. As I was very unhappy. I measured my upper arms at the start 13.5" I just measured the other day 10" and I am very comfortable with this - as your strength improves you can step it up with push ups... It will hurt though!!! [Grin]

Yakare Sat 11-May-13 17:12:04

You could always try learning to love your body, instead of hating it - radical thought I know. Those arms let you lift things, dammit, and hold your loved ones. Don't be unhappy about them.

coffeeinbed Sat 11-May-13 17:18:55

Just because I exercise my arms does not mean I will stop lifting things and "holding my loved ones", Yakare.

hmm

You come across as quite patronising TBH.

JellyBelly10 Sat 11-May-13 17:23:34

I don't think Yakare was being patronising or suggesting you would do exercise instead of holding your loved ones, I think she was trying to be supportive and suggesting you don't worry about what your arms look like. On the other hand I too have flabby arms that look like loose hanging chicken skin, so I know where you are coming from! I've heard that the arm part of the 30-day shred video on Youtube is good and gets quick results.

cardoon Sat 11-May-13 17:26:09

try this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now