Talk

Advanced search

Search for boring, classic peep-toes shoes, not high, but not absolutely flat either

(4 Posts)
superfluouscurves Tue 07-May-13 14:14:18

Hi. Can anyone help me please?

I have almost reached my half century and the only sort of dress style that suits me is classic boring. Very limited by all sorts of weight/wierd body shape sort of restrictions so try to make up for this with good quality accessories; scarves, shoes, handbags etc.

Anyway, I am looking for a pair of very classic (or within same range) peep toe wedge shoes a bit like this but taupe (or in that colour range

Problem is, shoes atm seem to be either totally flat (which look horrible on me) or far too precariously high. Have visited over a dozen sites without success. Need them to go with a particular dress.
Need to be able to purchase on-line too because I live abroad (mainland Europe)

Thanks for any advice/inspiration. Roll on the day when mid-heel shoes are fashionable again ...

MrsLettuce Tue 07-May-13 14:45:02

too high?
too fussy?
grr cork wedge
could you live with sling back peeptoe?
dodgy wedge again

FrugalFashionista Tue 07-May-13 14:52:04

Yoox is very good for filtering - amazing options and very good quality in general (=where Italian luxury and high-end overstock is sold).

Your style does not sound boring btw - it sounds like you have figured out who you are and what to wear.

Block mid-heel is red hot fashionable on the runways right now - high street has not caught up completely, but we'll probably see much more of that soon.

superfluouscurves Tue 07-May-13 15:15:11

Crikey! You lot are fast!

Thank you smile - much appreciated!

MrsLettuce I like the first and third ones best of all but they are too high for me - I totter in anything over 2 and a half inches. Prefer solid back to slingbacks. Going to investigate Debenhams and SimplyBe options. Great to have some choices - thank you again!

Frugal thank you - I don't look good tbh because I'm far too overweight atm (trying to do something about it currently) - but your words are v. encouraging! Very pleased to hear mid-heels will be more widely available soon. Yes, should have thought of Yoox - bought a really nice summer bag from there last year at v. good price- thanks for reminder! Will go and investigate ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now