Talk

Advanced search

HELP - Abba party - too fat for a catsuit!!

(7 Posts)
sosooootired Tue 07-May-13 07:41:50

seriously stuck, I've been invited to a friend's abba party and started looking for a costume - something i could customise...anything i can not look hideously fat in
shiny catsuits are not very forgiving
my issue is huge pot belly, can't wear anything with waist/ belt/ vertical zip on belly
i could probably get away with my huge lump arse in spandex pants but even control pants don't make my belly disappear enough...

so i'm desperately searching for costume idea, bearing in mind the photos are going to have a massive reach and life of their own
which also means I cannot be the fat bird who didn't make any effort blush

please help!

MrsLettuce Tue 07-May-13 08:07:37

A short kaftan of a cheesecloth maxi would work. cheesecloth top here

StickyProblem Tue 07-May-13 08:17:17

On the album cover where they are all sitting on a bench and Benny and Frida are kissing, Agnetha is wearing a denim top, denim cut-off jeans, a leopard print scarf and brown boots. Could you cobble that together? Can't link, sorry.

sosooootired Tue 07-May-13 09:04:32

a poncho would be nice idea..

but we live in a hot country so no boots and layers possible

the kaftan is an idea - I could search for some spangly material and get something similar made

i've started searching for halterneck maxis - if you see anything out there much appreciated

MrsLettuce Tue 07-May-13 09:16:30

here

iamnowawhaticallmother Tue 07-May-13 09:21:45

couldnt see this title and not comment. bless you! id feel exactly the same. not too up on my Abba knowledge but could u do the cool thing as going as one of the men? (i mean by wearing the suit / not a beard) and sex it up. sort of sex and the city style / sexy androgyny thing. did they wear flares? silk shirt unbuttoned low sort of thing. Really not familiar with Abba but wishing u luck and highly recommend 'Muriel's wedding' for inspiration x

Kikithecat Tue 07-May-13 09:34:52

I'm thinking something like this but without the tie belt and with a pair of white skinnies/leggings under. Don't you love Benny's dungarees?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now